Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GROUPBUY: Strut Wrench
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jett
Count me in.

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Sep 7 2014, 04:26 PM) *

After making my special Tie Rod Wrench some people expressed interest in a strut wrench so I made one. It 's laser cut out of 0.25" steel and would come bare. The great thing about this wrench is that it works on the top retaining washer as well as the special retaining nut (914-341-804-00) that is standard on stock 914 Boge struts.

Please note: This wrench will only work with what is pictured below. Please confirm that it will work for you.

I looked into pricing and these would cost $30 shipped conus. I would need at least 20 people for this to happen. If we get more people the price may come down a little bit. Please post here if you are seriously interested in one. Thanks.

Closes 9/12. I'll be placing the order the end of the day on 9/12

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

914_teener
Okay... I am in.

I need the tie rod wrench as well.

This is a job I planned for this Winter if we have one.

dlee6204
Just wanted to give everyone an update. Life got in the way so these were delayed a bit. I should be receiving these next week at will start shipping them as I get them. Stay tuned.

I will message everyone the payment details after I get the wrenches.
dlee6204
icon_bump.gif

I received the wrenches today and have PM'd all those interested. It ended up being a few bucks cheaper than originally quoted. $28 Shipped. cheer.gif
SKL1
PM received, paypal payment this evening... thx Doug.
JRust
I'll take one
hblyle
Paid for mine today! Can't wait to hang this one in the garage!
Mr Pharmacist
Paid!
JFJ914
PayPal sent
green914
My order just arrived smile.gif looks good.
Thanks,
Jerry
Mike Bellis
Got mine today! piratenanner.gif Thanks!
maf914
Wrench arrived yesterday. Thanks, Doug. Great service. biggrin.gif
pvollma
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I sent you a PM and never got a reply. Do you still offer/have the A/C compressor upgrade kit you made a year or two ago? It mounted a Sanyo compressor in the center of the engine, with a pulley extension to drive the compressor belt. I have a 76 914 2.0 and would be interested in this upgrade (the car has the dealer-installed A/C).
carr914
Got Mine & PowderCoated it - Almost Too Nice to use

Always great to have a Cool Tool in the Box. Thanks

Click to view attachment
sbsix
T.C. quit raising the bar!!! Now I have to make my new tools as cool as yours. Looks great.
dlee6204
I have the last shipment of these going out tomorrow. If you haven't received yours yet then it will likely ship out tomorrow. I apologize for the delay.
dlee6204
QUOTE(pvollma @ Oct 9 2014, 01:06 PM) *

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I sent you a PM and never got a reply. Do you still offer/have the A/C compressor upgrade kit you made a year or two ago? It mounted a Sanyo compressor in the center of the engine, with a pulley extension to drive the compressor belt. I have a 76 914 2.0 and would be interested in this upgrade (the car has the dealer-installed A/C).

I haven't made any additional kits since for a couple of reasons but I'm hoping to start back at it very soon.
pvollma
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Oct 13 2014, 08:08 PM) *

QUOTE(pvollma @ Oct 9 2014, 01:06 PM) *

I haven't made any additional kits since for a couple of reasons but I'm hoping to start back at it very soon.

Thanks! I'll look for the announcement (or PM).
revhi109
how do i get one?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.