bdstone914
Pm sent.
You sure that is the problem?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 12 2014, 01:22 AM) *

Pm sent.
You sure that is the problem?

bruce,
the last time i had a similar issue i sorted thru everything including putting in a whole new FI harness from Jeff B. and it ended up being the points plate. - It ALWAYS starts up on first turn over, but just 2 weeks ago it missed a bit, felt like it did not want to stay running and was rough,- also was like that once and the grounds were not both tight- so i quickly rechecked all the likely culprits- connectors to the coil, grounds , fuel pressure. - again as posted in my other thread, i thought it might be a bad tank of gas but now i think it might just be the points plate issue. Tonight i will pull the plugs and take a look at each one as well. its hard to believe that it could go south that fast. for a month ive been driving it 3-4 days a week to work, getting great milage , really running good. Just a bit over a month ago i had it in shop for alignment and while it was there had them do the valve adjsutment and set the timing and it was great. - i am running a hot spark module - i dont think that is the issue- but i have another distributor with regular points set up that i could pop in there to test it out. - i really dont think its the MPS- i have two and tried both with no change - really could not keep it running to even get it warmed up it was just missing that bad last night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.