Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I remove this for my 6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Can I have my body guy cut these out since I am going to the bulkhead style motor mount?

Anyone have some pics of what it's supposed to look like after it's removed?

Thanks...
seanery
Look on Ginter's "restoration-rustoration" thread.

I think he and brad discussed this as he is using a donor 1/4 from a -4 car.
Gint
Yes

No, I haven't done it yet.

Although as Sean said, you can check out my thread and look at pics of a real /6 to see what they look like without a /4 mount. And Brad and I did discuss it briefly. I had always planned on cutting off the /4 mount from the replacement quarter.
djm914-6
Too funny, Iwas thinking the same thing today while exploring the belly of my car today. Thanks for asking the question and the answers. boldblue.gif
Qarl
Grassy Ass for the info!
serge914
There are a few pics on the Gunnar site under: 03/21/03 914 Spyder Mark II

http://www.gunnarracing.com/
J P Stein
I took em' off when going to the bulkhead mount....and have never missed them. biggrin.gif
Off the spotwelds where the mount attaches to the longs.
Joe Bob
You only need them if you wanna go back to a 4......

Kind of hard to do....like changing yer mind after a sex change operation..... unsure.gif
914Timo
I removed them too. Do like JP said, drill the spotwels off. I´ll see if I find any pics......
ChrisFoley
That's something I should have done to the -6 conversion I have been working on for a customer. Too late now, since the paint job is so nice.
914Timo
Karl, I didnt find any old pics. So, I got a good reason to shoot a couple of new.

In the passanger side the 4-mount is no problem. There is plenty of room.

In the driver side I had to remove the old 4-mount. Otherwise there was not enough room for oil pipes.

Hope this help you make you own decision.
914Timo
And passanger side comes here.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.