Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: passenger side back caliper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr

my back passenger side brake is hanging up. found that the ebrake arm on caliper will not travel the distance it should, pulled the little gear from inside where you set the vent clearance and the teeth are chewed up and a couple missing. where can i get this one and would this cause the arm not to move??????? also would the little gear from a vw work?????

mad.gif headbang.gif
hndyhrr
Click to view attachment

here is pic of gear,

can I cut it off and then use stainless steel washer behind it when i put it back in???
Bob L.
You can always borrow the one in the other caliper. As for the lever not moving and the broken gear, Possibly. Either way I would want to look inside.
bdstone914
The other gear is probably damaged too. You should get a core caliper for parts and fix it right.
Cap'n Krusty
There is no vw equivalent. I suggest you bite the bullet and send both rear calipers to Eric at PMB. After all, IT'S YOUR BRAKES!

The Cap'n
Mblizzard
agree.gif

I am a cheap SOB. But after taking the advice of smart people like the Cap'n, I got rears breaks from Eric. Best thing I ever did. I know the quality work PMB does save my car from a crash and likely me from some serious injury.

When you have problems like that in a caliper there will always be more. So even if you have to save for a while, get it done right.

Don't own any stock in PMB or anything I am just passing on my experience with their products. The Cap'n has forgotten more about cars than most of us will ever know so even if you pass on my assessment, you can bet your last dollar he knows what he is talking about.
Cap'n Krusty
Forget what I know about cars and stop for minute to consider responsibility and liability. Both legal and moral.

The Cap'n
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 19 2014, 03:32 PM) *

Forget what I know about cars and stop for minute to consider responsibility and liability. Both legal and moral.

The Cap'n

I got it Cap'n.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.