Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 smog question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DLewis
Does a '75 have to pass a smog inspection in California?
If not, can I backdate to an earlier system? Is there any advantage to doing this?
Any disadvantages?
Thanks,
Dean
Joe Bob
Nope
rjkavanagh
I bought and registered my 75 last october and did not have to smog it. the law in california reads that you take the model year and add 29.
-Rob
lapuwali
QUOTE (rjkavanagh @ Jan 27 2005, 07:15 AM)
I bought and registered my 75 last october and did not have to smog it. the law in california reads that you take the model year and add 29.
-Rob

The law used to say that. Now it says, "'75 or earlier" doesn't have to be smogged. '76 on has to be smogged.
Mueller
installing a '73/'74 2.0 exhaust would gain you some weight savings and approx. 5hp...do a search, this was talked about just a few weeks ago with a pretty good bill of materials needed for the job....
double-a
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 27 2005, 07:59 AM)
installing a '73/'74 2.0 exhaust would gain you some weight savings and approx. 5hp...do a search, this was talked about just a few weeks ago with a pretty good bill of materials needed for the job....

ayup, i'm in the process of doing this very thing. dave darling had a nice list awhile back, showing exactly what's needed for the conversion. or you could do like me and just call up somebody who knows what they're doing and tell them you want to do the conversion. they hooked me up with all the necessary parts, including some new in the box ssi exchangers. those things are gorgeous. IPB Image

~a
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.