Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 speednuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mattraff
Just painted the car back to the original color again and I am in need of the black rubber-type speednuts for the rear badging and engine lid trim. Pelican had just 3 in stock a couple of weeks ago and now it seems they are all out....

Any pointers to a source would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Obligatory new paint pic:

IPB Image
Cuda911
QUOTE(mattraff @ Sep 19 2014, 04:57 PM) *

Just painted the car back to the original color again and I am in need of the black rubber-type speednuts for the rear badging and engine lid trim. Pelican had just 3 in stock a couple of weeks ago and now it seems they are all out....

Any pointers to a source would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I got a package of them recently from TC's Garage:

http://www.tcsgarage.com/

1315 Hot Spring Way #105, Vista, CA 92081
(760) 295-3330

I went to every hardware store and automotive supply shop I could find, and no one else had them.
mattraff

Cool, I'll give them a call. Couldn't locate them on the website.
steuspeed
QUOTE(mattraff @ Sep 19 2014, 06:02 PM) *

Cool, I'll give them a call. Couldn't locate them on the website.

type 'speed nut' in search.
bandjoey
Ace hardware. No rubber backing but perfect fit.
Mikey914
Dealership has them
mattraff
Wow, dealership too!? Lots of help. Thanks all.
malcolm2
Ok now that we have found them, which is better. The solid rubber or the stamped nut with rubber backing?
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I saw them on AutoAtlanta.com too.

I have a whole set of the solid rubber ones, have not used them and can't remember where they came from. Have not used them yet, so I can't vote on the best.

Clark
bdstone914
The ones with the metal on the outside are easier to remove without damaging the letters. Has anyone bought the Sierra madre ones to know if they are just rubber or if they have a metal clip inside like the originals? Those are a pain to remove. I crush them with pliers to deform the clip to release them.
Cuda911
For the engine cover letters, the rubber ones with no metal clip are better. The ones with the metal backing allow the "goop" on the other side to show through the engine cover grating, since it's not as black as the rubber. Also, the "goop" dries out over time. You have to be very careful removing the rubber ones so that you don't break the posts on the letters, but I prefer them.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Sep 23 2014, 11:01 AM) *

For the engine cover letters, the rubber ones with no metal clip are better. The ones with the metal backing allow the "goop" on the other side to show through the engine cover grating, since it's not as black as the rubber. Also, the "goop" dries out over time. You have to be very careful removing the rubber ones so that you don't break the posts on the letters, but I prefer them.

agree.gif
I bought a bunch last year to redo all of my 911 badges- about 5 of the 'goop' ones weren't even usable as they didn't come well made from the factory..they weren't exactly inexpensive for having to toss them in the trash either.
A&PGirl
I stock the metal with rubber backing. It is p/n: 999-591-423-03.

914Central, LLC

The rubber are getting scarce on the wholesale side.

Cuda911
Hmmmm.... the ones in your link are the type with the "goop" on a metal plate, rather than rubber ones.
mattraff
Yay! Rubber nuts in the mail from sierramadrecollection.com.
A&PGirl
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Sep 24 2014, 11:16 AM) *

Hmmmm.... the ones in your link are the type with the "goop" on a metal plate, rather than rubber ones.

Really? There's no need or want for that kind troll response.

Here is PET info on the speed nuts in question. PET calls for the 999-591-423-03 Metal and the 999-591-211-01 Rubber.
scotty b
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Sep 23 2014, 10:01 AM) *

agree.gif the goop isn't very nice looking oozing out through the expanded metal barf.gif Another option is to dig the goop out of those, and get a small plastic or rubber washer in-between the mesh and nut
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.