Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2014 PHOTO THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dlkawashima
I think you need an account to see anything in facebook ...

Click to view attachment
billh1963
US129photos.com photos are up. Last year Steve worked a good deal for us on a photo package....
billh1963
Check out moonshinephoto.com as well....lots of pictures of the teeners
Wdunster
had an awesome weekend!!! here are some pics my wife took.
Wdunster
Steve on the Boom for the 914 photo. properly aligned and not sideways this time.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I just arrived home about 1:30 central time. For curiosity, I reset my trip odometer while sitting in front of our room at the Tally Ho Inn. I looked at it when I arrived in the garage. 999.5 miles. So about 2K round trip between the hotel and home. Plus all the driving on the Dragon, I figure we were over 2500 miles.

Thanks to all of the organizers. The event was great. We are looking forward to returning next year.

driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Now...we are tired. Going to rest and convince the cat we didn't abandon him.

poorsche914
Good to hear you and Betty made it home safely. driving-girl.gif driving.gif
Glad you both came up this year. Thanks for helping out with photos, Betty.

driving.gif
Betty
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 29 2014, 03:02 PM) *

Good to hear you and Betty made it home safely. driving-girl.gif driving.gif
Glad you both came up this year. Thanks for helping out with photos, Betty.

driving.gif

You're very welcome Steve. I've always been fascinated with the process of doing a photo shoot. And speaking of photo shoots, here are some of our pictures...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Betty
This is my baby;
Click to view attachment

Here's Clay talking about his car (note the back of his shirt)...
Click to view attachment

Here is how our fearless Leader, Bob Saville, scratches his nose when it itches...
Click to view attachment
poorsche914
I liked the shots of me in the bucket. Thanks for posting smile.gif

For those interested... I posted names with cars on the first page.

driving.gif
Betty
QUOTE(Per Schroeder @ Sep 29 2014, 10:49 AM) *

I was there for the 356 Registry's East Coast Holiday. Imagine my surprise when I saw all of those 914s! I've posted some shots from the Dragon on Friday--including a bunch of 914s that stormed past:

https://www.facebook.com/per.schroeder.1/me...0238&type=1

It's a public folder, so you should be able to see it.

Per Schroeder

Those were great pictures Per! SOOOoooooo many absolutely beautiful 356's running around - I had my left hand out the window of my car waving at all of them more than I had it on the steering wheel during our drive on Friday. smilie_pokal.gif
ClayPerrine
Here are pictures of the trophies we got....

First, the "Iron Butt" award:

Click to view attachment

999.5 miles. That is why we sat down when Bob got to 1000 miles. In the immortal words of Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by THAT much!"

Next year go a couple of miles farther down the road. biggrin.gif

And the car show trophy.

Click to view attachment

The second one was really unexpected. I didn't expect to get any votes (other than my own) because there were lots of really nice cars.

Betty says it was the sound of the exhaust. Or it was me bribing people with Texas beer the night before.

Again, thank you. We really enjoyed the event.

poorsche914
Just got off the phone with Dave at US129photos.com

He is offering a GREAT deal for the 914 group - all images of your 914 at one low price.

Contact Dave at 865-936-5266 for the details. If no answer, leave a message or send him an email at dave@us129photos.com

driving.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 29 2014, 07:36 PM) *

He is offering a GREAT deal for the 914 group - all images of your 914 at one low price.

Contact Dave at 865-936-5266 for the details. If no answer, leave a message or send him an email at dave@us129photos.com

driving.gif

I remember 1 or two more folks taking pictures, but I can't remember the names. I saw the US129 one and the moonshinePhoto one. Anyone remember any others?

just came to me... Killboy was 1 any others?

poorsche914
US129photos.com
killboy.com
moonshinephoto.com
129slayer.com

Four teeners made it to the weekly running for a 24x36 poster. Go to us129photos.com and vote. You can vote one time per day.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
ClayPerrine
I am going to have to buy the second one. It is from Saturday when Betty and I were running the dragon together. He got both our cars in the same picture!

Live Event Uploader
Great to be back in my garage performing clutch surgery on The Beast. Let the fun continue.

IPB Image

Vysoc
Fantastic Weekend if there are better roads to drive in the USA I would like to see them. The collection of different roads and drives was off the charts.
Great work from a core of great people that worked their butts off so that we could enjoy the fruits of their labor!!!! chowtime.gif

Special thanks to Bob, Nadine, Bill, Mike and many others that made an unbelievable experience for us lucky folks that got to drive, eat and enjoy this great area of the Smokey Mountains.

Here are a few of the photo's I took, not many but some nice cars!! flag.gif
First Stop Pre-Dragon Friday
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Huey
Click to view attachment
The Beast before the.........
Click to view attachment
Top of the Eastern US. What a hard pull up to Clingman's Dome!!
Click to view attachment
Homecooking..Shameless Plug
Click to view attachment

Vysoc
A Renegade with a cool shifting console.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Clay's beautiful 914-6 2.4
Click to view attachment

Special thanks to Gauges by Tim as I was the luck box that one the awesome gauges, what a great prize.....Thanks again Tim and all of the awesome vendors that made this weekend so great, cannot wait until next year!!! flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif

Vysoc driving.gif flag.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 29 2014, 09:16 PM) *

Everyone go vote for a 914.... Bob is winning with 65 votes and his fancy paint job with all the race stickers.... I'll call it "mine" but the one with 4 cars going thru the "S" is way back in 2nd with 37 votes.
poorsche914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 29 2014, 08:36 PM) *
driving.gif

Dave has set up a special prepay section for the 914s. Call him after 8pm for the code to access the photos
Then you choose all the images of your 914 and place the order. type.gif

driving.gif
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 28 2014, 01:43 PM) *

That damn gas can.

IPB Image

Good se-an you'ans....
Matty and Paulie from Jerzee and that damn gas can full of JERSEY WATER (Aptly named by Betty)
Live Event Uploader
Sunday AM

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Jez

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Shoe's LE

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Jackstand winner

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Show

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Bees

IPB Image

Zippy69
Notice mechanic Matt scratching head on this one! headbang.gif Click to view attachment
Zippy69
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 2 2014, 04:16 AM) *

That damn gas can.

IPB Image

Good se-an you'ans....
Matty and Paulie from Jerzee and that damn gas can full of JERSEY WATER (Aptly named by Betty)

Yo aaaa... EZ on the JerZee.

Weez was happy to innerduce y'all southern boys & girls to drank off the oirl can. Wuz awful nice of u southern folk to try out the fern Yankee hooch. It just wooden have been riight not to try it after all we r all uhmurkins. We r fixin to put together the purtiest new oirl can batch of Yankee moonshine so wez can age it for the Hershey event in April. What's in it???? None ya bidness. It would be awful nice if y'all can come up to our neck of the woods next time. Y'all come back now ya hear?

Paulie and Matty peace out. aktion035.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Zippy69 @ Oct 3 2014, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 2 2014, 04:16 AM) *

That damn gas can.

IPB Image

Good se-an you'ans....

Yo aaaa... EZ on the JerZee.

Weez was happy to innerduce y'all southern boys & girls to drank off the oirl can. Wuz awful nice of u southern folk to try out the fern Yankee hooch. It just wooden have been riight not to try it after all we r all uhmurkins. We r fixin to put together the purtiest new oirl can batch of Yankee moonshine so wez can age it for the Hershey event in April. What's in it???? None ya bidness. It would be awful nice if y'all can come up to our neck of the woods next time. Y'all come back now ya hear?

Paulie and Matty peace out. aktion035.gif

Making plans to be there! Enjoyed meeting you guys!
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Some beautiful bees

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Hard to pick a favorite LE!

IPB Image

Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 12 2014, 05:03 AM) *

IPB Image

That's my Knikki driving.gif
She didn't even place... blink.gif
Oh well, still had a great time & look forward to next year biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 12 2014, 04:03 AM) *

IPB Image

I think your camera turned Betty's car into a really stretched limo. biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 13 2014, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 12 2014, 04:03 AM) *

IPB Image

I think your camera turned Betty's car into a really stretched limo. biggrin.gif

Yes I was trying to get a panoramic picture and she was driving thru at the same time I was panning to the right thought it was pretty cool!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 12 2014, 07:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 12 2014, 05:03 AM) *

IPB Image

That's my Knikki driving.gif
She didn't even place... blink.gif
Oh well, still had a great time & look forward to next year biggrin.gif

Well now knowing more about your car and originality I would vote for it as #1. The other winners were very nice but not nicer than yours AND yours is an all original never repainted car!!!! Should have been #1. That's not to take anything away from their cars at all. But I feel strongly that originality in that situation should have been consider before anything else.
You need to show that car in more PCA events as a preservation class car . It will do well.

Btw S.O.T. I really like your lawn chair* where did you get it? Very cool.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 13 2014, 09:02 AM) *

Well now knowing more about your car and originality I would vote for it as #1. The other winners were very nice but not nicer than yours AND yours is an all original never repainted car!!!! Should have been #1. That's not to take anything away from their cars at all. But I feel strongly that originality in that situation should have been consider before anything else.
You need to show that car in more PCA events as a preservation class car . It will do well.

Btw S.O.T. I really like your lawn chair* where did you get it? Very cool.

Thanks Phil, I'm not upset or anything, just surprised. Knikki was repainted, but that was 11 years ago & it's a decent/correct paint job w/ Sikkens paint. Trunks, engine bay & one door jamb were not repainted- didn't need it. I thought for sure I'd place, not necessarily win. When I saw how unbelievably clean Jim & Mel Flanagans car was I knew I wasn't winning, but I still thought I'd place.

I actually learned quite a bit from the show regarding marketing & presentation- I did neither laugh.gif Bob was right when he handed out the awards; "if you didn't schmooze don't expect to win"... he was dead on. Another thing I learned is originality does not mean what it used to, @ least not @ a peoples choice show. My tires, windshield, battery, Pertronix, air filter, SS heat exchangers & Bursch exhaust are the only non stock parts on her. Didn't matter one bit. So now I know for the next time I show her that more presentation on my part is needed & I think I'm going to have to pull my drivetrain just to clean it & the engine bay, to be as spotless as Jim & Mels is... dry.gif hissyfit.gif

As for the chair I have 4- 2 in green & 2 in white. I inherited them from my Mom & I'm 99% sure she got them @ "Tuesday Morning".
DRPHIL914
yeah Jim and Mel's car was beautiful I did vote for it number one and it was certainly deserving of the prize I don't remember if there's was original repainted I guess it doesn't really matter its a peoples Joyce car show and we really weren't looking at 100 holiday I guess in something like that but really tough to choose so many beautiful examples delis there I'm sure by next year mine will be cleaner and nicer will still be in customized class don't know if I got any votes at all but sure had a lot of interest in the copper car with new looking interior with some slight customization I really think that little bit better prep cleaning of the exterior it would do well but ultimately doesn't really matter it was fun
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Oct 13 2014, 11:12 AM) *

yeah Jim and Mel's car was beautiful I did vote for it number one and it was certainly deserving of the prize I don't remember if there's was original repainted I guess it doesn't really matter its a peoples Joyce car show and we really weren't looking at 100 holiday I guess in something like that but really tough to choose so many beautiful examples delis there I'm sure by next year mine will be cleaner and nicer will still be in customized class don't know if I got any votes at all but sure had a lot of interest in the copper car with new looking interior with some slight customization I really think that little bit better prep cleaning of the exterior it would do well but ultimately doesn't really matter it was fun

I agree- it was a blast & I'm looking forward to next year. I voted for Jim & Mels car as well- I could not vote for myself (seems immoral laugh.gif ). Next time I'm bringing Mnatasha- she is a real six, has had rust work done to her, but is still nowhere near as nice a shape as Knikki is. I even have her on Scottys list for bodywork & paint, just waiting my turn. I really want to turn her into a full blown 916 clone, but everyone says I'm nuts for wanting to put a steel roof on a real six. So I'm wavering & haven't made up my mind yet.

I like your car- copper is a very cool & unusual color. Not sure what I'd do w/ her- maybe backdate the bumpers & remove the sail vinyl, but that's just me. Still think a wood dash would complete the look of your interior. smile.gif
Live Event Uploader
Banquet time - lots of prizes drawings etc. A shout out to John Forbes and so many people who donated for this great event

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Okteenerfest

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.