Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Subaru to 901 Axle Adapter Flanges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DBCooper
I'm doing another Subaru 5MT into 914 swap, together with my son. I have 914 axles and can get them re-splined to fit the Subaru CV's, but first want to see if there are any of Porscharu's adapter flanges around that are going unused. They're what I used on my car and it would be nice to keep both these cars the same, if that's possible. So if you haven't used yours already I'd like to buy them, and then when you get to where you need them in your project you can get your axles re-splined, like what everyone else is doing these days. That's something that's cheaper, and probably better, but hadn't been done back when these adapters were originally made.

madmax914
So you can re-spline the 914-4 axles to the Subaru spline? I was going to by the hybrid axles from Ian. I'm using the 901 outside flanges.
76-914
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Sep 24 2014, 10:45 AM) *

So you can re-spline the 914-4 axles to the Subaru spline? I was going to by the hybrid axles from Ian. I'm using the 901 outside flanges.

Yep, Deutchman Axle Service. They should have the spline set up on record. Tell them your with 914World and want the Suby Modification. You'll need to provide them the length required. We negotiated a sweet deal. IIRC, about $150 for both. Ruby914 (Mike) just had a set done and may have another set for sale but not sure on that. You might pm him on what he paid.
76-914
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Sep 24 2014, 09:49 AM) *

I'm doing another Subaru 5MT into 914 swap, together with my son. I have 914 axles and can get them re-splined to fit the Subaru CV's, but first want to see if there are any of Porscharu's adapter flanges around that are going unused. They're what I used on my car and it would be nice to keep both these cars the same, if that's possible. So if you haven't used yours already I'd like to buy them, and then when you get to where you need them in your project you can get your axles re-splined, like what everyone else is doing these days. That's something that's cheaper, and probably better, but hadn't been done back when these adapters were originally made.

Paul, I may have gotten the last set. And I sold those to Doug aka CaptainTripps.
BIGKAT_83
Subarugears sells the flanges. Great service
DBCooper
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 24 2014, 07:35 PM) *

Subarugears sells the flanges. Great service

Yeah, Todd's on vacation for the next couple of weeks, so since i have some time i thought I'd see if there were any loose flanges around. It's pretty cheap and easy to re-spline axles so if most people are doing that these days then maybe someone will have some unwanted flanges left over. They'd work for what I'm doing so maybe an option. Or maybe not, we'll see.

DBCooper
Nobody?

DBCooper
Bummer. If I can't find a pair in the next few days I'll have to re-spline some axles. Cheaper, I guess, so not a bad alternative, but I'd still prefer flanges if I can find them.

Thanks.

EDIT 09/30/14: OK, I give up and will get some axles re-splined. It's cheaper anyway. But I have to say I'm really impressed, because that means all of Steve's flanges are going into or are already being used in conversion projects. He made what, 25 pairs? And then there was a smaller second run? Gonna be a bunch of 914/Subarus running around, and doesn't even count re-splined cars. Very cool.

Thanks folks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.