Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ABM - Finish Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
EdwardBlume
Most of you saw the ABM car for sale a few weeks back. 800 miles later its new home is here in Pleasanton. Exceptional '74 chassis with steel flares. Project car - needs finishing... going to take it slow and assemble things right.

Starting with the interior, then connecting controls, electrical, oil lines, etc. May put LSD transmission in. Will post pictures as I go.
EdwardBlume
Everywhere I stopped on the way home drew people looking at the car....
EdwardBlume
Here it is at home with its new garage mate.... Dad's car.
EdwardBlume
Details matter..

Polished the seat rails before installing the reconditioned seats. New fasteners.
JStroud
That's one of the nicest "project" cars I've seen. Should be fun putting it together.
Nice score Rob, didn't think that car would last
pilothyer
Very Nice !!! Love that color. Looks like a pleasurable project that you can really enjoy.
OllieG
That is a beautiful looking car…and a real steal if I remember rightly. Is that Alaska Blue?

popcorn[1].gif beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
first.gif
FourBlades

This will be fun to watch!

John
Dave_Darling
Dumb question: What's the "ABM" mean in this case?

EDIT: Whoops, I got it. Alaska Blue Metallic. You'd think I would remember--my first 914 was that color!!

--DD
EdwardBlume
Atrophic Bi-trunk Moneypit? No, you got it.. Alaska Blue Metalic...
dknechtly
Wow, what a great "project" car! I'm used to things pulled from the bottom of the heap. Where was it advertised?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(dknechtly @ Sep 26 2014, 01:41 PM) *

Wow, what a great "project" car! I'm used to things pulled from the bottom of the heap. Where was it advertised?

Here. I was bummed because I missed out for a 2nd time for Alberto's car and it came up. The seller is a super cool guy too!
Krieger
Nice!
Chris Pincetich
You've got the 914 blues, two of them beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
Putting new bolts where no one will see them, installed the rear targa pad including the black tabs...
rick 918-S
I'm excited for you Rob! Your the right guy to finish the project.
sb914
Nice car, looks very clean
EdwardBlume
Putting the pillar pads on...
EdwardBlume
Restoring a couple parts you'll never see (thanks Rick!) and installed the sun visors.... not stock sun visors but I like them...
matthepcat
Super fun "assemble and enjoy" project. Enjoy every moment of it.
JRust
Awesome Rob! Absolutely killer car bud. Congrats
EdwardBlume
Thanks guys!

Working on the passenger door panels. These are killer nice and FG is so much better than cardboard.

I need to custom make a vapor barrier to protect the inner doors which have been sound proofed and the window regulators powder coated.

What do you recommend for the glue on the vapor barrier, silicon or window butyl?
altitude411
Beautiful car Rob. Keep the pictures coming. Are those Marks FG door panels?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 24 2014, 11:07 PM) *

Beautiful car Rob. Keep the pictures coming. Are those Marks FG door panels?

I think so. Very nice quality. Better than stock. I used new rivets on the brackets.
rhodyguy
plain old 3m 2 sided tape will hold the vapor barrier in place. easy to remove the plastic in the future if you have to.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 25 2014, 08:21 AM) *

plain old 3m 2 sided tape will hold the vapor barrier in place. easy to remove the plastic in the future if you have to.

Perfect. Thanks! It turns out 2 sided tape for the whole length was way expensive at my local HW so I just used black silicon instead.
EdwardBlume
Process on the door....
EdwardBlume
All done.
914Sixer
Looking Goooood !!!!!!
EdwardBlume
Shining up things no one will see continued
rick 918-S
I just mask off the edges of the door and use spray glue. Stick the plastic to the door. Your method worked just fine though.
EdwardBlume
The other side is prepped and ready to go...
EdwardBlume
Connected a new clutch cable... what a PITA this end was..
EdwardBlume
This end was much easier! smile.gif
EdwardBlume
There is a sizable gap between the back of the transmission mount and the Dansk muffler. Do I have the wrong stub extension on the headers? What is the right way to do this?
EdwardBlume
Slow to no progress except installing the rear flared valence thanks to MSDS. Came in primer. Test fitting took most of the time. Fits tight just like it should. Shot it with bed liner. The flared part is subtle so it looks good with anything. Nice part!
Cairo94507
Hi Rob - That car is looking good. What size are the tips on the muffler? My last Six had the same set-up and it sounded very nice. You are in P-town and I am in Alamo. I really want to come over and check out your cars.
Michael
billh1963
Wish I had bought that ...looking great!

Is anyone making a rear valence to work with the Triad?
Cairo94507
driving.gif driving.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 31 2015, 09:04 AM) *

Hi Rob - That car is looking good. What size are the tips on the muffler? My last Six had the same set-up and it sounded very nice. You are in P-town and I am in Alamo. I really want to come over and check out your cars.
Michael

Michael,

You're welcome to come for a visit any time. I'm 0 for 2 for running 914s right now. Maybe in a month or so I can get one up and going. The muffler is a Dansk.
EdwardBlume
FG rocker done. Hopefully done right!
JeffBowlsby
The flared rockers look great!

Beautiful /6. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Thanks goes out to Mike Bellis for his help with the Renn Linkage! Next issue, the wiring.
matthepcat
smilie_pokal.gif Lookin' great. Just the engine wiring?
Mike Bellis
Where's the pic of the rod installed? poke.gif
kconway
smilie_pokal.gif

Looking good!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 22 2015, 09:10 AM) *

Where's the pic of the rod installed? poke.gif

Thanks again! Awesome job!
EdwardBlume
BTW - I flipped the car over to take the pict!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 13 2015, 12:32 AM) *

BTW - I flipped the car over to take the pict!

Seems like a lot of work just for a picture. But, thank you. beer.gif

The rod looks dirty. I might need to make you a new one... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.