Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horizontal sail panel trim piece
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
How do you detach that trim piece below the sail vinyl ?
altitude411
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 27 2014, 08:25 PM) *

Pull biggrin.gif

Seriously, if you reach up under the rear wheel well you can feel the clips (4 I believe) that just push in through round holes drilled in the sail panel. Push from the inside on the clips while pulling the trim piece and they should just pop out.
bdstone914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 27 2014, 07:25 PM) *

It has four spring clips that attach it. If can can get a couple of putty knives on each side of the clip you can carefully pry them off without bending the trim.
altitude411
Now you know what the clips look like & here's a photo of the hole locations... if you push from inside wheel well and gently pull trim they'll pop off with no chance of scratching the paint or damage to the sail trim.
rhodyguy
I would'nt use metal putty kniveS. Get 2 of the cheap plastic ones. One on each side of the push in clips.
JawjaPorsche
See how to replace sail vinyl webpage I made. AA has brand new clips if yours are fried. See page below.

http://76.162.11.251/tuck/sailvinyl.htm
malcolm2
Clips are available too. They may break or be very rusty when you get them off. I recently saw them on Sierra Madre. As mentioned, work hard to NOT bend the trim

part # 999.591.326.01 door trim clip (65-98)

Not under the 914 catalog. It seems like every car but the 914 is listed. Cheapest thing I might every buy for my car $0.96 each
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.