Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I missing a bolt here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I'm about to cut the floor out, and I was looking for somewhere to put the jack stands when I saw this...

There isn't one in the other side either. Am I missing a few screws? (Other than the ones in my head...)
eeyore
Important. 1 of 6 that hold on the front suspension.
CptTripps
::: great :::

I'm missing that one, and it's twin on the other side. Do those come loose often, or did I just find another PO mistake?

::: oiy :::
ClayPerrine
DAPO... the bolts hold the rear of the gravel pan on, but they also hold the front suspension on the car.

Replace them ASAP.
dlee1967
Someone took off the splashpan that protects the steering rack and master cylinder. You will also see two more threaded holes for two 8mm bolts (parallel to the ground). DLee
SpecialK
I've got the same bolt missing off of the driver's side.....except the bolts still there, just the head missing......gonna be fun getting that one out IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Yep, mine were missing as well. Only drove my car around the block a couple of times before I decided to do some brake work. Posted the same pic as you after I crawled around and looked under there. I got the bolts and pan off a donor car.
McMark
Interesting place for the fuel pump.
CptTripps
Yeah, I noticed that too...Tell me THAT isn't vulnerable! I'll be moving it up inside when I re-run the lines this weekend.
jim912928
geez...all you put those bolts in! You should:

1. get the bolts
2. get a pan to protect that stuff
3. fuel filter and fuel pump should be up above and under the tank..that is where they put it in 75/76 model years.

Good thing you are going through this thing!
CptTripps
QUOTE (jim912928 @ Jan 28 2005, 08:18 PM)
geez...all you put those bolts in! You should:

1. get the bolts
2. get a pan to protect that stuff
3. fuel filter and fuel pump should be up above and under the tank..that is where they put it in 75/76 model years.

Good thing you are going through this thing!

Yeah. I'm starting to be real glad I'm taking the time to go through the whole thing. I'll be doing more than I thought I would...but that's half the fun...right?

Actually, I'm really enjoying this. The plan is to drive it to WCC...we'll see how that goes. IPB Image
Chris H.
What size are those bolts? I might have some.
xsboost90
can you tell me if mines still there? IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jan 28 2005, 05:05 PM)
Yeah, I noticed that too...Tell me THAT isn't vulnerable! I'll be moving it up inside when I re-run the lines this weekend.

Scary? Post 1974 911s have it there .................... The Cap'n
McMark
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with the fuel pump there as long as it's securely mounted and you have the gravel pan in place.

xsboost90, looks like your bolts are in place, but your drivers side horn is in the wrong place. IPB Image
jim912928
for anybody that chatted in this thread about missing the steering rack cover/pan....just ran across this one up on ebay today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33589

For those that need to find this hard part.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.