Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help me I.d. This wire connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
I also do not have a wire for the right rear trunk light . Not sure if this could be the missing connector? Or would it be for a center rear reflector/light?.
biosurfer1
Not sure about the connector but the center reflector for the 914 did not light up so it wouldn't be that unless it was something very custom.
DRPHIL914
all my lights work except for the one license plate light. i went to replace the bulb and there was no wiring behind there on that side. there are two wires going into the back center wall of the trunk but it looks like they both go to the left side light, which works fine. Should i jump the left side and run a wire from the left to the right side?

Krieger
That is for a relay to plug into for emission purposes. I think a wire from the cat plugs into that relay. It has been off my car for a while. I use the wires in that plug for something else now
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 8 2014, 10:00 AM) *

That is for a relay to plug into for emission purposes. I think a wire from the cat plugs into that relay. It has been off my car for a while. I use the wires in that plug for something else now

what do you use them for now? and what would each color wire be for?
Krieger
I have an O2 sensor I put in the exhaust and a Air fuel meter I put inside to check things out every couple of years.
Krieger
I not sure but I think if the catalytic converter overheats the relay that your missing turns the CAT light on the dash.
Cap'n Krusty
You could, if you were really interested, look for the plug in the wiring diagram. You can probably find the wire colors and look for a group that matches.

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 8 2014, 07:49 AM) *

I not sure but I think if the catalytic converter overheats the relay that your missing turns the CAT light on the dash.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.