Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: taco plate wire path
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
I got a oil temp taco plate set up out of a JY car. Wire, sender, cover, plate, clips etc...

I am ready to change my oil and put this thing on. It was probably last summer that I carefully removed it from a 73. I can't remember the path of the wire. There is a connector on my car's harness that is at the battery. I believe that is the connection. And a bunch in the tunnel, maybe one behind the dash. I will check all those.

But from the taco plate to the 1st connector is only semi-obvious. confused24.gif

Pictures would be great, if anyone has them. Hind sight.... take pictures at the JY.

Thanks,

Clark
Dave_Darling
It comes out of the plate, goes across the front of the engine near the motor mounts (hint: be careful not to squash the wire flat, you get a full-hot reading all the time!) to a stand-off on one of the oil cooler bracket bolts. Then through the engine tin to the connector under the battery that you found.

--DD
malcolm2
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 11 2014, 12:19 PM) *

It comes out of the plate, goes across the front of the engine near the motor mounts (hint: be careful not to squash the wire flat, you get a full-hot reading all the time!) to a stand-off on one of the oil cooler bracket bolts. Then through the engine tin to the connector under the battery that you found.

--DD

Yes, I now remember a bit. There is a clip that goes on that standoff.
malcolm2
In case anyone runs across this post.... I found THIS POST

It has helped for sure. pictures too. piratenanner.gif

Clark
bdstone914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 14 2014, 07:13 PM) *

In case anyone runs across this post.... I found THIS POST

It has helped for sure. pictures too. piratenanner.gif

Clark

There are two wire standoffs for the taco plate wire. The other one bolts to one of the oil filter flange studs. You can see it in a picture in McMar k s thread.
Dave_Darling
Shoot, that's right! I forgot about that one...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.