Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window seal recovering question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Yeah, yeah.....I know it's a 911 cab. But you cheap bastards are the schizzle on DIY and or restoration questions. These seals are uber expensive.

They used to be black and cloth covered, the cloth has been sun bleached and now split and separating from the underlying rubber. If removed, do think it can be recovered?

Joe Bob
This the seal attached to the cab top frame and is at the rear of the front window.
Larmo63
If the cloth just covers rubber, can you carefully strip it and just run the rubber?
Joe Bob
I had come to that conclusion while staring at them with a cuppa coffee.....thanks.
Mikey914
The seals are not really that expensive if you know where to get them biggrin.gif

The cloth was a P/O trying to hide the seal had cracked. Looks like they glued a piece of velvet onto the seal. Good idea to save a few bucks! But eventually it will do exactly what you see.

probably has crack in the inner seal. You may be able to recover.
Joe Bob
And you're keeping the source of cheap replacement seals a secret? Gee thanks....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 13 2014, 11:02 AM) *

The seals are not really that expensive if you know where to get them biggrin.gif

The cloth was a P/O trying to hide the seal had cracked. Looks like they glued a piece of velvet onto the seal. Good idea to save a few bucks! But eventually it will do exactly what you see.

probably has crack in the inner seal. You may be able to recover.

Not true, unless hundreds, maybe even thousands, of CSOB 911 owners had the same idea.

The Cap'n
Mikey914
QUOTE(Joe Bob @ Oct 13 2014, 11:04 AM) *

And you're keeping the source of cheap replacement seals a secret? Gee thanks....

Look at the bottom od the signature on my post. smile.gif

And I prefer inexpensive, not cheap. There is a difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.