Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
I appreciate all of your patience with my many and varied questions. I think I've read that rebuilt injectors are crap and that we should by new injectors when needed. Mine are not a problem now but I'm wondering if it is a good thing to buy a few of the nos injectors for my 2.0 in the event that I need them down the road. Do they fail often? Or, are there other suppliers of new injectors such that I don't need to be concerned about buying them if/when I ever need them? Thanks
Mblizzard
There are some good reasons to keep a few NOS injectors around. But there are some options for new injectors that are out there. The FJ67 injector works well with the 2.0 and are reasonably priced.
Dave_Darling
As long as I'm spending your money, sure! Get a set, get two! biggrin.gif

--DD
mepstein
the enemy of our cars is not using them, it's letting them sit. Drive it and everything will last longer and run better.
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Oct 14 2014, 05:38 PM) *

There are some good reasons to keep a few NOS injectors around. But there are some options for new injectors that are out there. The FJ67 injector works well with the 2.0 and are reasonably priced.

Great info but what is an FJ67 injector ,details please piratenanner.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 14 2014, 10:09 PM) *

the enemy of our cars is not using them, it's letting them sit. Drive it and everything will last longer and run better.

Yes, machines like to run. I sure hope my rebuilt injectors aren't crap.... 1st I heard that they might be?

If you do rebuild injectors, don't let them sit around before you start the car. The cleaning fluid will clog them up.
thelogo

Drive the cars and they will run better etc. ""

-------------------------------

How about totally stock 1.7 during southern.... California
Summers ,103 deg . With no temp or oil gauges . I assume all temp readings would be hot?

My car sits for weeks months at a time .

Anything I should be doing when the car sits for a prolonged
Period of time . Summer time .

thelogo
And while I'm at it , I personally love and adore my factory f.I car I acknowledge that's it's the best balanced system for all driving conditions / situations

But what would make better performance dual carbs with correct cam but all else stock
Or

Factory f.I in good or great condition

Mblizzard
QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 14 2014, 08:15 PM) *

And while I'm at it , I personally love and adore my factory f.I car I acknowledge that's it's the best balanced system for all driving conditions / situations

But what would make better performance dual carbs with correct cam but all else stock
Or

FI will be the better all around performer. Keeping the stock dizzy always seems to inpart an initial hesitation in acceleration and flat spots. The dizzy is designed to work wit FI not carbs. You can certainly build a carb specific engine that will perform better than stock FI. But after you are done you will have very little of your stock engine.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 14 2014, 08:15 PM) *

Or

FI will be the better all around performer. Keeping the stock dizzy always seems to inpart an initial hesitation in acceleration and flat spots. The dizzy is designed to work wit FI not carbs. You can certainly build a carb specific engine that will perform better than stock FI. But after you are done you will have very little of your stock engine.
914Next
Thanks guys. Great comments. I hear you on the recommendation to drive it. Plan to do that as much as possible.
dknechtly
Ditto on driving them; they need it. It's good to have a spare injector or two (and the seals). They are very reliable but at sometime, one is going to leak.
I think you'll find that for a 914 in general, you'll want to start building up some spare parts especially when the day comes that you'll be trouble shooting. Just watch for some good deals on things and grab them as they come.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 14 2014, 11:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 14 2014, 10:09 PM) *

Yes, machines like to run. I sure hope my rebuilt injectors aren't crap.... 1st I heard that they might be?

If you do rebuild injectors, don't let them sit around before you start the car. The cleaning fluid will clog them up.

I might be in for a similar fate. just had my injectors cleaned by Witchhunters and installed them. The rest of the car won't be ready for a while but the engine and trans are done, and sitting in my garage.
Any suggestions? maybe squirt some carb cleaner into the injector lines before initial start-up. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.