Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 L Fuchs Center Caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaxdream
Who's selling the center caps that fit the factory alloy 4 lug fuchs commonly called 2.0L fuchs ??? Any help would be appreciated . Thanks ....

Jack
914Sixer
914 Rubber has reproductions for 4 for under $100. NLA from Porsche. Sierra Madre has them too but I don"t know makes them.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 16 2014, 06:37 PM) *

914 Rubber has reproductions for 4 for under $100. NLA from Porsche. Sierra Madre has them too but I don"t know makes them.

The picture of the Sierra Madre ones looks a little funny. They were really cheap like under $10 each. Might be worth buying one to see how good it is or isn't.
dangrouche
http://www.highperformancehouse.com/

I believe Rich Bontempi in Redwood City, CA sells a set of four for $100, which are aluminum reproductions (versus the OEM steel ones)

here's his craigslist posting of the item
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ptd/4716570294.html

Mikey914
For what it's worth,
I made mine from 6063 billet, and they have clearance on the front hubs, that I guess another vendor had an issue on. They are the same dimensions as the OEM.

The big drawback with OEM is they were stamped steel and very thin gauge. As they were dissimilar metals you would get galvanic corrosion and had one heck of a time getting them off.

So mine are not identical to OEM, but they are much easier to pop in and remove without damaging.
$85 for a set of 4

http://shop.914rubber.com/914-wheel-center...m?categoryId=-1

You will also notice they are not chrome plated like the OEM, but have a clear anodized finish to keep them from oxidizing.

It's the same finish as the rims
JawjaPorsche
I love my 914Rubber center caps! Plus they fit my Mahle's! beerchug.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 17 2014, 12:52 AM) *

You will also notice they are not chrome plated like the OEM,

Mark- OEM were not chrome plated, they were polished stainless steel.
mepstein
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 17 2014, 07:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 17 2014, 12:52 AM) *

You will also notice they are not chrome plated like the OEM,

Mark- OEM were not chrome plated, they were polished stainless steel.

agree.gif that's why you can pound out dents and dings if they are damaged.
wes
How would you go about pounding the dents out?
KELTY360
QUOTE(wes @ Oct 17 2014, 09:00 AM) *

smash.gif

Sorry.....I couldn't resist. biggrin.gif
wes
piratenanner.gif thanks!
bandjoey
CSOB solution. $5.37 per car. Due to the high price I wandered Lowes looking for a local solution. To each his own. biggrin.gif For the rears. First gen = PVC pipe caps (threaded) and paint. Sanded down the tops, painted to match the wheels. Depending on the brand I found some fit tight and some loose. I put a drop of superglue on the edge and put the rears in. Fronts need a really thin cap due to the bearing cover. Today they're just painted. Going to stop by a fence company to see how pipe end caps fit the fronts. After finding a fit I'll do all 4 wheels. Let us know if you come up with a new solution.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(wes @ Oct 17 2014, 12:00 PM) *

By hand, using lots of tape to cover the cap surface & a "plastic or wood" hammer that's also covered in tape. Basically any kind of softer tool so as to not add any more scratches. Also used a tape covered socket that fit well as a backstop & then very heavy buffing/polishing. I recently gave Steve (poorsche914) 3 of mine that I banged straight & hand polished. Really could have used an industrial bench polisher for that. Hopefully he'll read this & post a pic of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.