Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type 4 Store 2270
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
malcolm2
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 20 2014, 09:47 AM) *

Jake did you have this car at the tail of the dragon about a month ago? I think I remember seeing some pictures of a black 356 with no bumpers the day we had a bunch of 914s up there. It caught my eye for sure and that was just a still shot. I wish I could have seen and heard it running.

Clark
Jake Raby
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 22 2014, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 20 2014, 09:47 AM) *

Jake did you have this car at the tail of the dragon about a month ago? I think I remember seeing some pictures of a black 356 with no bumpers the day we had a bunch of 914s up there. It caught my eye for sure and that was just a still shot. I wish I could have seen and heard it running.

Clark

No, thats another Raby powered 356 Outlaw, called the "Bad Egg". It has a 2270SS that I built a few years ago, that car has been all over doing rallies and events. I am finishing another 2270RR for the same customer, which all go into his 56 Speedster Outlaw, and its not a replica.

My 356 isn't black. Its 2012 GT3 RS "Grey- Black", which is rather unique to find on a vintage Porsche :-)
914werke
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 22 2014, 05:21 PM) *

I have moved toward a 2.4L combo for my engine program to take the place of the 2270 for the future. With each of these making over 200HP, and having LN Nickies as standard

Ok Ill bite ..your talking 2366? I thought you previously commented you felt that "combo" didnt pencil out from a cost / performance perspective?
I ask because Ive decided to embark on my own 2366 build, and yes Im using Nickies.
SOT as Im in the research stage. As with the thread originator Im defining my goals and looking into specifically Heads (LE-200's?) & what Cam is best suited. idea.gif
Jake Raby
No, the next generation combo is 82X97mm using my own version of Nickies, and pistons. With the current quality of most all other cylinder and piston kits having dropped, its time to make Nickies standard on every build. I have wanted to do this for a long, long time.

My combos with heads and cams for the next generation favor longer strokes and smaller bores for broad power, and throttle response at all RPM levels. One engine literally has to do it all, the only variable will be CR and lobe separation, which is only altered to optimize the engine for sea level or very high elevations.

It comes with a price, 20-22K is the current pricing for the next generation of engines.
Sfreeman615
I purchased the 2270 kit and heads from the type4 store and I'm so glad I did! I was almost convinced to go another route and I ended up taking the advice from many of you on here, spent more money for the LN kit, but I think it was well worth it. My car should be finished in the next month or so and I can't wait to drive it. Side note, mine was originally a 1.7L and I had to have my case line bored because the new crank was rubbing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.