Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TTS (Thermotime switch) location?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eldiosyeldiablo
Where is the TTS or thermotime switch? The wiring diagram/harness that I have from Jeff B. labels one wire going to the TTS but I cannot find it. The closest plug that sits near the end of this wire is the oil pressure switch.

Any pictures? I did not have any luck on the Pelican Parts diagram nor the Hayes door stop.

Thank you,
David IPB Image
McMark
Underneath the intake plenum on the passenger side. IPB Image
bd1308
if i am right (which doesnt happen often) this thing looks like a bolt that runs beside the throttle body...remove the airbox and have a looksy. I've seen this bugger once b4 and wondered what it is. Actually i noticed it while 12V wires were touching the tin and arching....still dont know what those damn things connect to. Look there and someone join in if i messed up
JeffBowlsby
Underneath the intake plenum on the passenger side

Thats right David. The oil pressure sender is through a hole in the tin, the TTS is mounted to a bracket above the tin. The TTS is heat sensitive and acts as a switch to turn off the cold start valve as the engine warms up.
eldiosyeldiablo
Can someone give me a picture of the TTS and perhaps with it mounted on the engine? For the life of me I cannot find it.

Thank you,
David
JeffBowlsby
From PP
JoeSharp
It is located in the background behind the throttel cable end housing, the silver part that you see are the threads and the dark shiny part is the bracket. Thats inbetween the cable end and the cloth covered vacume line. Hope you can see this.
Joe
eldiosyeldiablo
I am still unable to find the TTS.

Jeff, thank you for the picture. The closest thing that I could find is what I believe is the oil pressure switch.

I have circled what I think is the oil pressure switch in blue.

Is the TTS suppose to be where I have the pink circle?

What will happen if I leave the TTS off or not plugged in?

Thank you,
David
eldiosyeldiablo
I even used my digital camera to take angle shot where my eye cannot see underneith the phelum but did not find anything.

confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (eldiosyeldiablo @ Feb 4 2005, 07:55 PM)
Is the TTS suppose to be where I have the pink circle?

yes!

it's supposed to be screwed in there, you should be able to see the big threaded hole in the bracket right there ...

wink.gif Andy
lapuwali
QUOTE (eldiosyeldiablo @ Feb 4 2005, 07:55 PM)

What will happen if I leave the TTS off or not plugged in?

If you leave the TTS unplugged (or remove it completely), the cold-start valve will never turn on. Except in fairly cold conditions (below about 50dF), this means basically nothing. In really cold starts, it means you may have to crank awhile to get it to fire up. The cold-start valve is a fifth injector that adds a REALLY rich mixture only while the engine is cranking, and only if it's cold enough, and only for a few seconds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.