Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting a Vanagon TB for use with 1.8 L-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
timothy_nd28
The GoWesty throttle body came like this, some kind of a cheap plastic cam printed from a 3d printer.
Click to view attachment

To make this work, I bought a 2nd switch, and stacked it on top. Also got rid of the 3d printed cam, and had two new ones made.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Lots of screwing around, but I'm hopeful that this setup will at least work as well as the original if not better. Bigger throttle plate, double sealed ball bearings, and the action is so much smoother than what I had.
wonkipop
so, if i want to do this, but not "destroy" the original parts (put them away in a box) i need the following?

aircleaner, aircleaner to throttle body duct, throttle body for mod, plenum to modify by opening up. (all of which i need to get in from the states and stockpile).

anything else?
strawman
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Apr 5 2021, 02:29 PM) *

... Also got rid of the 3d printed cam, and had two new ones made.

Will you be selling pairs of the machined alloy cams? Me likely...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(strawman @ Apr 7 2021, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Apr 5 2021, 02:29 PM) *

... Also got rid of the 3d printed cam, and had two new ones made.

Will you be selling pairs of the machined alloy cams? Me likely...

I would just put on the factory throttle switch from the stock throttle body.

Shivers
I have its little brother
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Is the 2.1l TB the one off a wasserboxer?
@mrkona

Trying to research quickly to do this mod start to finish and have it done by the end of May.

Zach
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ May 2 2021, 07:55 AM) *

Is the 2.1l TB the one off a wasserboxer?
@mrkona

Trying to research quickly to do this mod start to finish and have it done by the end of May.

Zach

It is off a 2.1 vanagon. Part #025133067A

Here is a link to one with the intake for $75.00

http://www.2040-parts.com/vw-air-distribut...witch--i225831/
VaccaRabite
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2914136

I just did this with the 52mm throttle body from GoWesty. I think using this product is better then the 2.1L TB from the Vanagon. First off, its bigger at 52mm then 50mm. And second, the swap was WAY easer. You pretty much just use the throttle arm off the 1.8 L-jet TB. And the drilled and tapped holes at the bottom of the GoWesty unit mated perfectly with the Bosch TPS I used for Microsquirt. Simple!

The link above is how I did it.

Zach
914werke
problem is the part has been outta stock for some time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.