Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slower than DB Cooper.. for now.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rhodyguy
I would guess db's car is the faster of the 2 now.
Andyrew
Almost sounds like it could be an exhaust leak... Might want to put it on a lift and check that out..

Your repair work looks great! If you ever want me to look at it just say so.
DBCooper
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 9 2015, 02:48 PM) *

Sorry to hear man, I really like your car ( so much i wanted to buy it!)

None of that talk right now, he's in a dark place, no fair planting those thoughts.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 9 2015, 05:39 PM) *

Teach him to mess with me, huh?

Speaking of that, anyone have a spare Subaru turbo motor lying around, unloved? I think I'll start looking for one, stash it in the corner of the garage for a rainy day.

JRust
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 9 2015, 06:06 PM) *

Speaking of that, anyone have a spare Subaru turbo motor lying around, unloved? I think I'll start looking for one, stash it in the corner of the garage for a rainy day.

I have one but it's going to go in my car eventually evilgrin.gif
roachghia70
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 9 2015, 05:39 PM) *

OUCH. Updated the thread title to reflect.

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 9 2015, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Mar 9 2015, 02:48 PM) *

Sorry to hear man, I really like your car ( so much i wanted to buy it!)

None of that talk right now, he's in a dark place, no fair planting those thoughts.

Shoot me an offer!
Frankly, I've surpassed my threshold of work that I can do in the garage of my rental by a long shot. The lease agreement specifically states NO WORKING ON CARS! so I've been pushing my luck quite a bit by tackling the transmission swap and this recent bodywork. Now it's looking like I need to pull the engine, and that's a very messy thing to do. So I've been considering towing it out to my dad's house 2 hours away, and driving out there to work on it when I can on weekends. But it's really hard to get work done efficiently that way.
Another option would be to pay a shop to pull the engine for me, but I can't really afford that. Another option is to just let it sit until we move to a better place or I can afford to pay to have it fixed. When faced with those options, this might be the time to just throw in the towel and focus on more important things. After all, it's just a car. There's millions of them out there. And I wouldn't mind having one where I can actually fit my family of 3 inside. hahaha

So make an offer. Cash, trades? You never know. I like weird stuff, vintage European stuff, old American wagons, etc... Feel free to PM me.
rhodyguy
Take it to dad's house. If the neighbors get pissed over the work and know and contact the landlord you'll be screwed.
DBCooper
QUOTE(roachghia70 @ Mar 10 2015, 10:51 AM) *

Shoot me an offer!
Frankly, I've surpassed my threshold of work that I can do in the garage of my rental by a long shot. The lease agreement specifically states NO WORKING ON CARS! so I've been pushing my luck quite a bit by tackling the transmission swap and this recent bodywork. Now it's looking like I need to pull the engine, and that's a very messy thing to do. So I've been considering towing it out to my dad's house 2 hours away, and driving out there to work on it when I can on weekends. But it's really hard to get work done efficiently that way.
Another option would be to pay a shop to pull the engine for me, but I can't really afford that. Another option is to just let it sit until we move to a better place or I can afford to pay to have it fixed. When faced with those options, this might be the time to just throw in the towel and focus on more important things. After all, it's just a car. There's millions of them out there. And I wouldn't mind having one where I can actually fit my family of 3 inside. hahaha

So make an offer. Cash, trades? You never know. I like weird stuff, vintage European stuff, old American wagons, etc... Feel free to PM me.

No no no! I'll come up and drag it back down here and put in another engine, you won't even need to come visit until it's done. There's a Craigslist JDM 30K mile WRX engine nearby for $800, cheap! Or a nice newer 2.5 U.S. WRX without any accessories (that you don't need) for $1250. NOT A PROBLEM. We'll fix your motor and have it sitting here later as a spare for either of our cars. Modular, plug-and-play. Don't punt, not right now! Your car just got to be SO NICE and this CAN BE FIXED. Please don't punt.

toon1
does not sound like a rod. You'd be hearing it at idle also
DBCooper
Yeah, that's what I think too, but we haven't found any easy answers so one way or another need to pull it to find out. And right now that's the problem.

rhodyguy
4th down and short yardage. listen to the 'coach'.
DBCooper
[Heh heh heh, I really just want to get his car on the road so I can thrash his ass. Heh heh heh.]

[I hope.]

matthepcat
If your a member of NASIOC or i-club, you can post this video and get more ideas from the Subaru guru's.
76-914
1st, go with Pops plan, 2nd, that's a slapping sound. Have you been under it to listen. Separated clutch disc?
Chris H.
agree.gif Yeah that might not be what you think it is... take it to Dad's house and figure it out. It's running pretty smooth to be a bent valve or rod issue.. Don't sell it broken whatever you do!
roachghia70
The car is currently parked at my dad's house, right next to the replacement engine. Currently accepting offers, either as-is or repaired. I'd be willing to get it running, but that will drive the price up. I would rather not get involved in fixing the fender any further, but that could also be arranged for the right price.

Please let me know if you're interested in buying it, and hopefully we can work something out.

Thanks!
Andyrew
Sent ya a PM, Its a 1% chance I could buy it though...
r_towle
How much?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.