Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buys and frequency
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
QUOTE(NFBrown @ Nov 11 2014, 03:41 PM) *

Don't change anything, Mark. When you list each group buy or new item it gives us a good place to ask questions and make suggestions.

Nick

Thanks been my thought process, and it seems to work so for. But, I wanted to check in.
So far only 2 constructive PMs, and not really anything to to change. I do try to help and contribute here, and I haven't been on as many threads after the change in job status I mentioned in another thread, but I do try to help and not just promote product.

Mark
JRust
Mark I have never felt your GB were a distraction or annoying in any way. I suppose having multiple ones at a time in the garage might seem like a lot. That is typically on items that came back up. It's not like you are listing multiple ones in different threads at the same time. I love your products & seeing another group buy from you puts a smile on my face. Hell I get in on group buys from you for stuff I don't even need. I just want to keep your products coming.

I appreciate you trying to please everyone but it isn't possible confused24.gif . There will always be a few who might not agree & find it annoying. Shrug it off & listen to the people here who appreciate what you do biggrin.gif . Sometime you have to ask yourself WWJD (what would Jamie Do?) . Concentrate on the people who matter in life happy11.gif .
Mikey914
WWJD
You're killing me. biggrin.gif
flipb
I have no issues with the status quo.

But here's an idea that might make things less intrusive, if that's a perception that's happening.
  • Create a thread for each Group Buy as they occur in the Member Vendors forum
  • Create ONE thread in the Garage for "914Rubber Current Group Buys". Each time there's a new GB, add a post to bump that thread to the top of the Garage and get people's attention, and embed a link to the GB thread.

Just an idea.
EdwardBlume
I'm going to complain if you STOP doing what you are doing! Like I've told you before, you have done more for the 914 community and values of our cars that anyone I know. Thanks again, Rob
clapeza
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Nov 10 2014, 01:57 PM) *

Mark-AKA-Mikey914 happy11.gif

My guess!!! ($12K invested) Repo. Upper Early & Late Dash Pads???? popcorn[1].gif

Tom

I volunteer to be the posterchild for this project if it is any way true. Here's why:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=245186

Just throwing it out there...

smile.gif

BTW, Mark, don't change a thing. Love your products, your dedication, and your service to our cars.
Mikey914
QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 12 2014, 09:35 AM) *

I have no issues with the status quo.

But here's an idea that might make things less intrusive, if that's a perception that's happening.
  • Create a thread for each Group Buy as they occur in the Member Vendors forum
  • Create ONE thread in the Garage for "914Rubber Current Group Buys". Each time there's a new GB, add a post to bump that thread to the top of the Garage and get people's attention, and embed a link to the GB thread.
Just an idea.

I have been trying to keep a thread running in the vendors section for easy reference. I'll have to update shortly. But often in the process I need feedback so the garage makes the most sense from that standpoint. I may think you want x in black, but really it's white for the most part.
-mark
Java2570
I like the group buys being listed in both Garage and Member Vendor sections....I don't often look at member vendors area unless I am looking for something specific. So, it might generate better interest to have both. I don't always participate in the group buys due to not having $$ at the time but as a 914rubber customer, I always am interested in all your group buys! Keep the great stuff coming!!
lonewolfe
Mark, I think by a large majority 914world folks like the way you've been listing your group buys and no matter what you do there are always going to be a few sour grapes that you'll never be able to please. I'd say to maybe do a weekly, bi-weekly or even a monthly group buy listing in the Garage and always keep an up to date group buy listing in the Member Vendor section. Personally, I'd say have one weekly update in the Garage that lists all of your current group buys and their expiration dates.

You and your efforts are greatly appreciated here on 914world!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.