Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buys and frequency
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
As many of you are aware. I have several group buys going, and I try to do several at a time to keep the shipping cost down.

I recently got some feedback that the frequency was a but obnoxious, and not really appreciated. Kind of like advertising on every other thread in the garage.

I don't want be just hawking product and detracting for the genuine exchange of information that is actually pretty prevalent in the garage.

Trying to find a way to do this that is less obnoxious. I'm open to suggestions.

I got to thinking, that maybe I should just run a single thread on a monthly basis, or there may be a better way to do this. Any suggestions?
rhodyguy
list in the vendor's forum. put a link to current gb in your signature. "click here for current group buys"?
ConeDodger
Keep doing what you're doing.

Your reproductions have made a significant contribution to the restoration of these little cars. If you had kept up your early pace, you'd be offering a body in white at a reasonable price. I'm annoyed that the targa bar pad is taking so long but not so you wouldn't be welcome at our thanksgiving table. biggrin.gif
altitude411
Hummm... not sure what the issue is Mark? You always label your threads with Group Buy and they are always very appreciated and well received. If someone has issues w/it simply don't open the thread. confused24.gif I say keep doing what you do and THANKS for all you do for us. smilie_pokal.gif
Mike Bellis
Mark,
Out of all the member vendors you are the most generous of them all. Every time I have been in your presence, you have been giving away free product. Your stuff is well priced and you have helped me out personally. I do not feel you are profit driven like some other (no names) vendors.
Keep up the good work.
Mikey914
I had found that the thread often gets overlooked in the vendors section and I would not have the traction to make the products without gauging demand. I had initially listed there and found that the more eyes on it, the more feedback I do get that helps me to get a better product or the options that you want I had not though of.

I honestly don't want to just be hawking products. If you look at the pricing I do on the group buys, I just try to cover tooling and get these things to market.

I do also want to support the community, and if what I'm doing has a negative influence, not do it.

I do get it, when multiple threads are launched, it takes up a lot of space as they get kicked around for a few days. Maybe the single , perhaps colored thread on a monthly basis would be the best solution. But, I'm open to suggestions.
Mark
Hank914
As a relative newcomer, I find that it is very helpful to see stuff in this Garage forum, even if it is for sale. I try and go to the for sale threads, but find myself spending 90% of my online time here.

I agree with others, keep people here informed of your activity, and maybe label the Subject "Group Buy" for those who want to avoid for sale spam. But since this is an "informational" activity, keep us informed here.
Tbrown4x4
Your threads have never bothered or insulted me. I always click on them to see what you have.

I appreciate everything you do for these cars (and us!), and realize that some things aren't worth reproducing unless you sell "x" number of them.

You will always get more exposure in the garage section than anywhere else.

Please keep doing what you're doing!
bigkensteele
agree.gif with the others. Keep doing exactly what you are doing. You label your threads such that they are plenty easy to ignore if one finds them obnoxious.

Personally, I don't look at the member vendor forum very frequently, so I would have missed out on a LOT of the great products you have manufactured.

Don't change a thing - you are helping a lot of folks here, and I have to think that the number who are annoyed by your threads is very small.

first.gif
hndyhrr
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Nov 8 2014, 09:28 AM) *

agree.gif with the others. Keep doing exactly what you are doing. You label your threads such that they are plenty easy to ignore if one finds them obnoxious.

Personally, I don't look at the member vendor forum very frequently, so I would have missed out on a LOT of the great products you have manufactured.

Don't change a thing - you are helping a lot of folks here, and I have to think that the number who are annoyed by your threads is very small.

first.gif

agree.gif
Bruce Hinds
10 out of 10 at this point without a negative comment! piratenanner.gif
Keep up the great work and thanks for your support.
bdstone914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Nov 8 2014, 11:31 AM) *

first.gif

agree.gif

I agree with other that you should keep doing what you are doing. I try to keep up with what you are doing but often find out when another member says you have the part.

TJB/914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Nov 8 2014, 12:31 PM) *

first.gif

agree.gif

agree.gif
Elliot Cannon
Keep doing what you're doing Captain.
Mikey914
So far, sounds the way, I'm still open to any suggestions for change of format if it makes it easier for you.
shelby/914
Keep up the good work just the way you are doing it. I've used a lot of your products in my restoration with no problems. Always treated us fairly.

Danny
mepstein
Keep the group buys coming with plenty of notice. If people don't want to see the info, it's just like a radio or tv, just change the channel.
AvalonFal
Not a problem for me & I can't understand why it is a problem for others. Keep doing it.

Paul
Spoke
+1 on keep going. I'm always curious to see what new product you come up with. Still waiting for something to seal the front trunk that does not fill the entire channel.

One does not have to open every thread they see. I look through the threads and only read and respond to those I choose.

It's not like you're forcing everyone to download U2's new music. smile.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Nov 8 2014, 02:05 PM) *

Not a problem for me & I can't understand why it is a problem for others. Keep doing it.

Paul

agree.gif

I spend 99% of my time here and I agree that the group buys would be misses if just listed in the vendor section. beerchug.gif
Larmo63
I have bought your products and you refunded the wrong shipping amout to me in a very timely manner. I actually don't know how you do it, being an airline Captain and all. I read the GB comments if I need that part and skip them if I don't. You are a real asset to our group who love these wonderful little cars!
relentless
I love to read your posts on new GB's! Thank you for your support!!
walterolin
Keep making the stuff and keep posting the same way.

When friends come by to watch the rustoration, I show them your stuff, and the reaction is always the same: "Wow!"

Thanks
mapguy
I don't think it's broken. I like seen the group buys, and doing it the way you do really helps get enough interested folks to make it happen.

Thanks for all you do for the community.
bandjoey
HOW BOUT a new category for Group Buys with an automatic 30 day drop off? Keeps it out of Garage and not lost in Vendors. GBs really do not fit on those 2 areas.
Steve
Keep doing what your doing and don't change a thing. I spend most of my time in the garage and look for group buys and announcements there. Vendor section to me is to list your catalog or link to your website.
pilothyer
agree.gif Keep doing what your doing and don't change a thing........Jerry
76-914
To quote WC Fields; "Tell him something distracting like to go Fuck himself."
Rob-O
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 8 2014, 09:37 AM) *

QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Nov 8 2014, 11:31 AM) *

first.gif

agree.gif

I agree with other that you should keep doing what you are doing. I try to keep up with what you are doing but often find out when another member says you have the part.

agree.gif

Just keep it the way it is. If someone doesn't want to open that thread, so be it. There are tons of threads that don't get a lot of feedback, but why try to limit YOUR threads based on what someone else wants.

Besides, I wouldn't qualify you as 'hawking' products. Without you 'hawking' your products there would be no other vendor to provide them.
rmdinmd
agree.gif keep up the good work.
mdelwiche
Keep doing what your doing! Your an asset to the community and I wouldn't have competed my car without your products!

smilie_pokal.gif
r_towle
Make fiberglass bumper caps.
rick 918-S
I didn't read every post here. Who has time. But the difference to me is that you are reproducing parts we would never see again.

I mean your not having some Chinese company make some bad part we could never install. You producing good product at a fair price.

Your not finding stuff on the internet we can already purchase ourselves and reselling it to us. You producing product.

If I had to find out about it from the members vendor section I wouldn't find out about it.

Thanks for supporting our group!
Mikey914
Thanks guys,
Not really sure what else I could do to not be obtrusive, but offer what people want. I guess for now status quo, I may try to do more than one on a thread to make easier to find and still make them combinable. Some of what I do, takes longer than planned, and have been on the back burner (Plaid cloth), and some are pretty quick, so co ordination is sometime difficult. I do hate throwing a GB out there that sits much longer than I'd like.
Thanks all
Mark Henry
Mark you are developing new products all the time, you listen to our input, your GB's have no minimums (IIRC), your prices are good even without a GB, you don't toot your horn saying you are the greatest and you do give help and real advice even when there is no profit in doing so.

In my mind you're one of our best vendors and a buddy, keep doing what you do and forget the whiner.
pilothyer
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 9 2014, 03:54 PM) *

Mark you are developing new products all the time, you listen to our input, your GB's have no minimums (IIRC), your prices are good even without a GB, you don't toot your horn saying you are the greatest and you do give help and real advice even when there is no profit in doing so.

In my mind you're one of our best vendors and a buddy, keep doing what you do and forget the whiner.

"And all the people said Amen"
ben*james
I vote for your continued service in the same manner. Thanks mark, most of us here own you a great debt. I still don't get why a guy named Mark calls himself mikey914 but whatever. wink.gif
cary
What Rick and Jerry said.

Just sent another order. Time needs to be changed on the order taking computer.
It's an hour ahead.
malcolm2
current procedure seems fine to me.... like someone else said, they are labeled. if you don't need it, don't open the thread. I do anyway, what's it gonna hurt.
Elliot Cannon
We haven't heard from Rusty yet. av-943.gif poke.gif
914nola
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Nov 9 2014, 02:16 PM) *

agree.gif
JawjaPorsche
There are always complainers but majority appreciate you very much". beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Thanks,
I did want to make sure the feedback I had received was not me pissing off a larger group of members that just had not spoke up. I really do like it here, and try to promote the site (world) to all I come in contact with.
It really is a unique community, and there are lots of characters here that give it color.

jeeperjohn56
Mark, is your back order on your back bumper pads in yet? I need a back bumper pad.John
wes
Hay I'm happy as it's just my wallet that's trying to keep up with you!
Great work Mark, well appreciated.
Gudhjem
QUOTE(914nola @ Nov 9 2014, 04:29 PM) *

QUOTE(pilothyer @ Nov 9 2014, 02:16 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Nov 9 2014, 04:26 PM) *

Mark, is your back order on your back bumper pads in yet? I need a back bumper pad.John

Hold tight for a week.I'll have a group buy.
No seriously,
I have completed the high speed tooling, at great expense.
I have 6 sets on backorder that we will complete in about a week.everyone on backorder will be getting a refund for the difference
Again another group buy.

I want to start a single monthly thread, but trying to work out the practicality portion of it.
I have another large really cool project that may or may not be coming online December.
I don't like getting people excited about something only to have to push it back several times.
But its over 12k invested, and I'd like to bring it online as soon as its ready.

So if I use a single floating thread, would it get missed?

I understand the majority of these responses here have been positive. I have had some members pm me with son suggestions. There is some fear of being flamed on the forum.
Please do PM me if this is the case.

TJB/914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 10 2014, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Nov 9 2014, 04:26 PM) *

Hold tight for a week.I'll have a group buy.
No seriously,
I have completed the high speed tooling, at great expense.
I have 6 sets on backorder that we will complete in about a week.everyone on backorder will be getting a refund for the difference
Again another group buy.

I want to start a single monthly thread, but trying to work out the practicality portion of it.
I have another large really cool project that may or may not be coming online December.
I don't like getting people excited about something only to have to push it back several times.
But its over 12k invested, and I'd like to bring it online as soon as its ready.

So if I use a single floating thread, would it get missed?

I understand the majority of these responses here have been positive. I have had some members pm me with son suggestions. There is some fear of being flamed on the forum.
Please do PM me if this is the case.

Mark-AKA-Mikey914 happy11.gif

My guess!!! ($12K invested) Repo. Upper Early & Late Dash Pads???? popcorn[1].gif

Tom
maf914
Mark, I have no problem with your posts. I appreciate all of your products and your posts let me know when something new is available. By the way, I just made a multiple purchase order for your most recent group buy specials from your site.
NFBrown
Don't change anything, Mark. When you list each group buy or new item it gives us a good place to ask questions and make suggestions.

Nick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.