Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MaxJax
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gryphon68
Hi all,

Looking for some info I didn't see discussed in the other threads that mentioned MaxJax.

For those that have the MaxJax installed, what spacing are you using for your 914. Spacing is typically measured from outside to outside of the floor plates.

Also are the arms extended or retracted with the 914?

What other vehicles have you had on the hoist without or without moving a column from the 914 position? Bonus points for other Porsche products . . . (Boxster?)
Rrrockhound
QUOTE(gryphon68 @ Nov 11 2014, 10:42 AM) *

Hi all,

Looking for some info I didn't see discussed in the other threads that mentioned MaxJax.

For those that have the MaxJax installed, what spacing are you using for your 914. Spacing is typically measured from outside to outside of the floor plates.

Also are the arms extended or retracted with the 914?

What other vehicles have you had on the hoist without or without moving a column from the 914 position? Bonus points for other Porsche products . . . (Boxster?)

I've used my MaxJax with my teener, my 996 and 911SC, BMWs (E30, E46, E34 and E39), my Miata, a Lincoln MKX and even my F-150. The only time I ever moved the columns was when I bought a new house, when I re-spaced them a little farther apart. Spacing isn't real critical since the arms are easily adjustable. You also don't necessarily use the same arm adjustment every time since it's tough to get the car exactly centered between the columns. It's dark and raining out right now but I can go out to the workshop and measure the spacing for you tomorrow.
doug_b_928
I place my posts at, I think, either 129 or 130 inches (cf. the owner's manual for the maximum allowable). That works great for the 914. The most difficult vehicle to fit on mine thus far is a Cayenne. It works great but the car has to be placed perfectly to reach the jack points (because they are inset from the edge of the chassis and they are farther apart front to back due to the size of the vehicle).
doug_b_928
Just remembered, max is 130" but I had to put mine at 129" for the Cayenne.
gryphon68
Thanks for the replies, I don't think 130" is a maximum in the sense of safe operation, I think they are just saying that typically you would never put anything on a 6000# lift that was wide enough to require more than 130" spacing.

I was looking at 125" as a starting point for my install. Not sure what that would preclude me from fitting on the lift as well as wanting to make sure that would still accommodate the 914.
Phoenix-MN
I spaced mine at 125" works for my 914, 911, and Scion Xb, I also have a Grand Cherokee and Dakota Quad Cab but have not used it with those two

Here's how I position the cars

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.