Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I get this roll pin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ben and Ralph
This gear shift lever that goes into the transmission of my tailshift car is held in place with a coiled roll pin m5 x 24ish.
Click to view attachment
Does anybody have any idea where I can find this roll pin. I have contacted a few distributors but of course they won't sell me any less than 500.
914Sixer
Since it is a Roll pin it does not have to be a metric one. Find a SAE size one closest, it will compress and fit in. Check Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, local auto supply. Take shaft with you and test fit what is the closest.
Larry.Hubby
Try McMaster-Carr:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-spring-pins/=umm1sf
Cap'n Krusty
Look for a 7/32 roll pin. I would just order the right one from the dealer, though. 900 309 003 00. That way you have the right part, not one that'll just kinda work. Mc Master-Carr doesn't carry the right length.

The Cap'n
Ben and Ralph
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 16 2014, 09:25 PM) *

Look for a 7/32 roll pin. I would just order the right one from the dealer, though. 900 309 003 00. That way you have the right part, not one that'll just kinda work. Mc Master-Carr doesn't carry the right length.

The Cap'n

Yup already tried mcmaster carr
Ben and Ralph
QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ Nov 17 2014, 07:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 16 2014, 09:25 PM) *

The Cap'n

Yup already tried mcmaster carr

Thanks for the part number Cap'n!
orangecrate
biggrin.gif I got mine at ACE-- in the proper metric size. Most ACE's I've been in have a large selection of metric and inch hardware. I can usually find the proper metric nut or bolt I need there -- in the right grade. I seem to recall it being 6x 24 though. Any way , check ACE.
Jon B
That is a Spiral Pin, much stronger than a standard roll pin.
You should get the correct pin, even a good used one.

Jon B.
Vista, CA

Click to view attachment
RenoRoger
On my 912E, I had the door painted and the door stop replaced by a body shop. They didn't have a roll pin for the door stop and put in an ill fitting bolt. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a box full of roll pins for $5 and found the one I needed.

Ben and Ralph
Odered the original one from Stoddard. Like Jon B said, this is a coiled or spiral roll pin and is an uncommon metric size.
orangecrate
That expalins a few things. Like why mine sheared in the first place! I took the remains of a standard roll pin out. And put a new one back in. Aw such is life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.