Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing pushrod tube seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
So my pushrod tubes definitely have leaks. Is this job even reasonable to attempt with the engine in the car? Any pointers/tricks for someone who has never done this before?

pilothyer
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Nov 16 2014, 02:09 PM) *

So my pushrod tubes definitely have leaks. Is this job even reasonable to attempt with the engine in the car? Any pointers/tricks for someone who has never done this before?

Read THIS
boxsterfan
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Nov 16 2014, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Nov 16 2014, 02:09 PM) *

Read THIS

Awesome!! Thanks!!
rjames
A tip I learned while going through this a few weeks ago:
If the tubes don't come out easily- ie, your spending 1-2 hours trying to remove each one, stick a long socket down the tube , use vice grips to clamp the tube where the socket is and don't worry about trashing them. New tubes can be had for ~$15.

Clean well the ares where the seals rest and use a socket on an extension to tap the tubes in all the way. Engine oil is all you need on the seals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.