Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake bleeding question on my912e(sorry)it does have a 914 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
i used my motive bleeder and got about 14 lbs pressure built up,at that point the brake fluid in reservoir started to spill fluid through the overspill hose all over the ground.so i thought ok,too much pressure and pumped it to 10 lbs and proceeded to open bleeder valeve on passenger rear caliper,again the fluid escaped via the reservoir onto ground,(lots of kitty litter).not sure whats going on.my brakes are good,firm pedal.just trying to change fluid per 2 year cycle.any ideas?.i could bleed useing vacuum or pedal pressure,just not sure why the overflow.
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Nov 19 2014, 09:39 PM) *

i used my motive bleeder and got about 14 lbs pressure built up,at that point the brake fluid in reservoir started to spill fluid through the overspill hose all over the ground.so i thought ok,too much pressure and pumped it to 10 lbs and proceeded to open bleeder valeve on passenger rear caliper,again the fluid escaped via the reservoir onto ground,(lots of kitty litter).not sure whats going on.my brakes are good,firm pedal.just trying to change fluid per 2 year cycle.any ideas?.i could bleed useing vacuum or pedal pressure,just not sure why the overflow.

You need to plug the overflow tube, it needs the pressure to work. Use a clean golf tee, and don't worry many have done the same before you... Including me headbang.gif
rosenfe
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Nov 19 2014, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(rosenfe @ Nov 19 2014, 09:39 PM) *

You need to plug the overflow tube, it needs the pressure to work. Use a clean golf tee, and don't worry many have done the same before you... Including me headbang.gif

thank you for the info,this forum is the best
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.