Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Tank Nylon Washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
As is mentioned here in many threads, the nylon washers for the supply and return lines for the gas tank are NLA. I'm hoping to find some time over the holidays to get my 914 running again, but need to come up with:

1. Copper sealing washers - supply side (available at buggyhaus and others). Part#: 111209139

2. Copper sealing washer - return side (??? part#, was there one)?. AA shows this part# 311201235A

3. Nylon washers? I don't see these in the exploded parts diagram at AA but that doesn't mean anything.

I feel like buying a box of 5,000 of the copper washers and distributing them freely to all 914World.com members given the PITA this project has been....but then I looked up the price of copper. :-)
913B
I bought mines from Robert.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=110158
boxsterfan
Saw this link in another thread. What's the right size?

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts...are-metric.html

Loads of metric copper washers.
bdstone914
I would not use copper crush washers. You may strip the threads on the aluminum nuts trying to get than tight enough to seal. Get the fiber ones from Robert. They work. Late tanks have different size nipples.
Mikey914
Get me the Dims I'll bring them in and put them in the hardware section for cheap. I want to compile a section on the website of hardware that's a pain to find. That way, if you have something you are already getting it's easy to just add in the parts for hardware store prices.
ChrisFoley
I also have them, always 1 included with the strainer screens I sell, just not listed separately on my website yet.
I haven't found much need to replace the one on the return fitting though.
saigon71
I took the nipples with me to the local ACE hardware store. I found one fiber washer that fit perfectly, another with the correct ID that I just trimmed down with scissors to fit. Worked great.

I don't remember using any copper washers.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Dec 3 2014, 05:44 AM) *

I also have them, always 1 included with the strainer screens I sell, just not listed separately on my website yet.
I haven't found much need to replace the one on the return fitting though.

Hi Chris,

Yeah, I buggered the one up that I ordered from you (with the new fuel sock). I've got another order I need to put together with you, so I guess I'll just add those in then.
boxsterfan
I think this is why I am so confused. Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like since the nylon washers were hard to find that most people simply went the copper crush washer route?

confused24.gif
Mikey914
That's what I'm understating. No problem getting or making them in the 1000's just need solid dims.
914Sixer
I guess I am confused, I have never seen any nylon washers on nipple fittings. They have always been fiber and copper washers.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 3 2014, 04:56 PM) *

I guess I am confused, I have never seen any nylon washers on nipple fittings. They have always been fiber and copper washers.

OK, my mistake. They were fiber washers. Regardless sounds like people just converted to copper crush washers when the fiber washers ran out.

My gas tank saga continues....
puffinator
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Dec 3 2014, 08:06 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 3 2014, 04:56 PM) *

OK, my mistake. They were fiber washers. Regardless sounds like people just converted to copper crush washers when the fiber washers ran out.

My gas tank saga continues....

Tangerine Racing. $0.95 each. See Chris' post above
patssle
I had gas tank outlet frustrations too. My new fiber washers leaked.

New metric to AN fittings solved all my problems! http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=241493&hl=
boxsterfan
QUOTE(patssle @ Dec 3 2014, 07:18 PM) *

I had gas tank outlet frustrations too. My new fiber washers leaked.

New metric to AN fittings solved all my problems! http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=241493&hl=

Did you go without a fuel sock? Personally, I don't think its a big deal to go without the sock especially if you get your fuel filter mounted where you can get at it and change it regularly (cheap insurance).

After all my troubles, this seems like the way to go. Also, which 90 degree AN to hose barb did you get? I'm running FI so I'll have to get the return side also.
boxsterfan
This looks like a good candidate.

http://autoplicity.com/products/1318586-xr...on_hoseend.aspx

I wonder if it comes with a rubber sealing o-ring also?
CptTripps
I used copper crush washers, but now I'm thinking I may need to go back in to switch them out for the nylon ones.

Just another thing on the list of shit I have to re-do before I'm road worthy.
patssle
No I don't have the sock...but I have a fuel filter so I'm okay with it. That 45 degree one can work - just check the hose barb dimensions vs. whatever size fuel line you're running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.