Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2258 4cyl engine- nice parts, almost plug n play
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tornik550
I had not planned on getting rid of this engine however I saw a 6 cyl posted in the classified section and figured it would be fun to change directions. I rebuild this engine in 2011/2012. I have put about 1-2000 miles on it since then. The engine runs well and puts a smile on your face when the carbs are tuned. Over the passed year I had been having issues with the mixture always being rich. I had tried many different remedies and nothing worked. In October 2014 I realize that my fuel pressure gauge was stuck and three psi. I thought the fuel pressure was appropriate however when I purchased a new gauge I found that the pressure was at almost 6psi. I have fixed that problem by purchasing a new regulator however I have not had time to retune the engine using the correct fuel pressure (fuel gauge and regulator not included in sale).

Problems
-a few oil leaks here and there. For the most part they never bothered me so I never tried to fix them. The drivers side valve cover seems to leak a little. No a huge amount however when it does it drips right onto a header pipe. I drove me nuts and I wasn't able to fix the issue so I just built a little shield to deflect the oil away from the pipe.
-cooling fan has one broken fin (from everything I see, one broken fin is not an issue)
-I currently do not have the carbs setup the correct jetting (haven't had time to fix). Somebody better than me needs to tune them.

Positives
-nice setup, fun to drive, many expensive parts
-I always had very good oil pressure
-oil temps always good however I do have an external oil cooler (not included)
-Almost plug n play

Items needed to run engine in a 914
-a 914 biggrin.gif
-ENGINE TIN (2.0l style)
-Oil pressure sender
-oil biggrin.gif
-Spark plugs
-ignition coil
-I cannot think of anything else it needs however there may be something small here or there but i don't think so. Other than the stuff mentioned above, it should be plug n play assuming that you have a 914 with the normal relay board, wiring harness...

Disclaimer- I built this engine for myself. I tried to do a very precise job. I feel that I did a decent job building the engine however I am absolutely not a professional. The engine was running fine with the exception of the fuel mixture issues. I feel this can be worked out by someone who can tune carbs. I simply haven't had time to play with them since I found my fuel pressure issue- all of that being said- I am no expert.

Bottom line- I feel good about the engine however even if you do not like my engine building abilities- the parts alone are worth way more than the sale price.

78mm counterweighted crankshaft
9.5:1 compression ratio
5.3" con rods
Arp rod bolts
Scat c45 camshaft
Double thrust camshaft bearings
Chromoly pushrods
911 style valve adjusters
Universal vw case- was nos at rebuild- galleys tapped and plugged
KB 96mm pistons with valve pockets
Hastings rings
European motorworks 96mm cylinder jugs (new at rebuild)
New at rebuild AMC cylinder heads (porsche 2.0 configuration) with 12mm spark plug holes, 44intake/38exhaust valves, CNC ported, dual valve springs.
Dual Weber IDF carbs (1year old)
ITG foam carb filters
Tunacan oil sump
Mallory adjustable distributor
Clewett spark plug wires
CSP bellcrank carb linkage
Triad headers (1 5/8" pipes)
Triad dual tip exhaust
75amp alternator
Includes flywheel, cluch pressure plate
30mm Schadek oil pump

Asking price $3000 obo. Will ship within the continental US at your expense- or of coarse local pick up.

euro911
That's a nice motor for that price.
tornik550
Price change-
Now asking $3000
tornik550
Sold pending payment
lonewolfe
That's a sweet deal someone got!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.