Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 914-6 Flyweel/Clutch/Pressure Plate/throw out bearing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JStroud
Bought this flywheel new from Maddog when I put the 2.7 in my car, less then 500 miles since new. Sachs clutch,pressure plate, and throw out bearing, only 500 miles since new.

Flywheel, clutch and pressure plate balanced at machine shop prior to installing the 2.7, so less than 500 miles.

Complete package for your -6 conversion $625.00 shipped Cont. US

Click to view attachment
JStroud
Still available
type47
So did Maddog buy the flywheel new? (the flywheel has not been machined or surfaced since new?). Is there a normal "marking" on the surface of the flywheel that the clutch disc touches? that is, it sorta looks like a pattern I found/observed where the disc was too small/not correct disc for the clutch set-up and didn't touch the whole surface of the flywheel. I'm not saying this is the case here, I'm sure that the parts are all correct here.
JStroud
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 11 2014, 04:53 AM) *

So did Maddog buy the flywheel new? (the flywheel has not been machined or surfaced since new?). Is there a normal "marking" on the surface of the flywheel that the clutch disc touches? that is, it sorta looks like a pattern I found/observed where the disc was too small/not correct disc for the clutch set-up and didn't touch the whole surface of the flywheel. I'm not saying this is the case here, I'm sure that the parts are all correct here.

I bought the flywheel new from Maddog Motorsport, a member vendor here. The clutch and pressure plate was new from EBS racing, it's a Sachs 215 mm.

Had the Flywheel and clutch pkg balance at my machine shop, not surfaced.

Install in my 2.7, drove from Sacramento to WCR, then drove to Santa Cruz where it failed a tensioner, towed it home and pulled the motor. So that's how many miles I put on the set up...less than 500.

That's all I know.

Had to edit this, guess I'm getting old, with the questions I looked up my records, forgot I sold the other clutch and pressure plate with the 2056, bought a new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. Found the throw out bearing, it's included with the package now, so the clutch package and flywheel were both NEW when installed with the 2.7.
Paid $450 for the flywheel and $350 for the clutch pkg plus balancing so still a good deal. Sorry for any confusion.
JStroud
Sold..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.