Well, I have tried to make as many things as I can. I caved for the engine mount and got something real nice from RJ. But I had the old 4 cylinder tin and some of the original 3.2 six tin that came with the motor. Here is the motor as it is now (ugly when it was shipped).
Click to view attachment

So I have the inside, and I have the outside. Plus, I have some of the pieces. How hard could it be? Turns out - pretty durn hard without a pattern. I started with some of the 911 parts matching them to the back transmission tin curves.
Click to view attachment
Then I pulled out a sheet of steel and started on the engine pulley/fan side.

Click to view attachment

The stuff is really fiddly. Making the broad curves was easy. I am not super at shrinking so I cheat in some places by cutting and welding. This next photo shows a trial fit. Welding on the nuts and making everything fit and flat took a couple weekends (not full time).

Click to view attachment
My son's early X-mas gift is in the background.

The inside now fits the engine screwed on and the outside fits this.

Click to view attachment

I still have to finish the 911 ebrakes with both butterfly halves. And do the large seal etc. The tranny is rebuilt, and I would say that the time/effort and the tranny rebuild was similar in difficulty to the sheet metal work. But I am not quite as, I think he says crude, as Dr Evil, so I wash everything. If you see his video I would be the guy with all of the gears in a row.