Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The pics you have been waiting for!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Brett W @ Feb 7 2005, 06:15 PM)
What is your plan for the GA race? Still want me to ride over and help out?

My plan is to not need any help, but having you come over would still be nice. smile.gif I plan on bringing experienced crew with me from CT.
The specific race schedule won't be posted until the end of this month but I plan to be at the track Fri., Sat., and Sun.
For crew I have Pete (he knows the car pretty good) and Jake, and maybe Len if he can come out to play.
Brett W
What am I Chopped liver? mad.gif My resume is on the level.

Is that race at the end of the month? I know I have a race at Memphis on the 19th of March and one at Barber in April I believe, but I don't remember the dates for this one.
ChrisFoley
It has nothing to do with your credentials Brett, but we don't have any experience working together. SCCA allows 3 free crew with each entry. Overcrew has to be paid for, and the driver is responsible for the behavior of everyone on his crew list regardless of whether they are actually working on the car or not.
Basically, I don't trust anyone to prep my car but me and Mary (and Pete, under close supervision). I don't like to put my life into anyone's hands but my own and my wife's. Without Mary there I will have to work extra hard at staying focused on my responsibilities and being in the right place at the right time. I get distracted easily when people are around.
I can't remember the last time I needed help thrashing on the car right before a race, other than changing to rain tires. I'm generally much better prepared than that.
Since the engine will be freshly built by Jake I expect him to be there, and hopefully Len since he is doing the head work.
I don't have a radio, but I do like to have crew as observers at different places on the track to give me a perspective during debriefing after the race and in case of an incident. I sincerely hope that all you will have to do is watch (and BS a bit).

/topic hijack

Jake, how soon are production versions of the 914 DTM expected to be available? I know Guy W. is waiting with bated breath.
Jake Raby
The shroud did VERY well yesterday in testing, it was spot on with themps!

If this one fits into the car with ease I'd call it a done deal after some long hard runs at max beep.... Then to make a mold.... That'll take 3-4 months. In that time I'll be working on the version of the shroud that will utilize the stock cooler and that one will be built in the car and tested there as well- Not oon the dyno.

Its a slow process when my fiberglass guy works full time popping DTMs out of our other two molds to keep up with orders and my demand for engines.
JmuRiz
Sounds good, it'll be nice to see pics of the motor installed in your 914. Any progress on that new 2316 combo for it?
Can't wait to see the oil cooler version to come out...till then I'll save my pennies.
Jake Raby
Its on the dyno now...
I worked on it all day yesterday and could not get the power we wanted!

I slept on it and figured out that Lens heads are so awesome that they don't need much timing at all. I came in this morning, did a run, then backed the timing down and picked up 15 ponies in one run!

Now we are up where I wanted to be, it'll be installed tomorrow night into the 914.
Brett W
I''ll cover my entry. I know crew license is 3$, but I can get in on a regular pass as well. No big deal. I am doing some intell work on my competetion anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.