Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tunacan.net?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
What happened to Tunacan.net?

Zach
Mark Henry
A quick google search found it, looks like Tuna changed the address, likely he forgot to renew the domain and it got scooped. Instead of paying the extortion to get it back he just registered a new name. That or he piggybacked it on the old ladies domain to save coin.

http://www.moonrosedesigns.com/tunacannet/t4/index.shtml
rick 918-S
Who is tuna? Is this Jakes old site?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 23 2014, 06:04 PM) *

Who is tuna? Is this Jakes old site?

rolleyes.gif The world doesn't revolve around Jake...
VaccaRabite
Huh. Half his links look like they are down. He had a handy chart of crank size and piston diameter and what displacement they made. Anyone have a copy of it?

Zach
r_towle
Zach, search google, there are three or four places that tried to coy his site, only one of them works right...can't recall which one.

Might have been inside shop talk forums....
Dave_Darling
The Internet Wayback Machine has archived copies:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://tunacan.net/t4

The most recent one seems to be from April 2014.

--DD
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
For the next time I am looking for it.
Jake Raby
That one isn't MassIVe enough. Here's mine
Blue are stock displacements, orange are my favorite classic combos and bold red are my current displacements.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Are there any cooling fins on the 112 mm cylinders?
Oh, please post a pic of those next to some stock stuff......it would be cool to see.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 25 2014, 10:35 PM) *

Blue are stock displacements, orange are my favorite classic combos and bold red are my current displacements.

Click to view attachment

That's Cool! Thanks Jake! I agree with Rich. It would be interesting to see a side by side. yikes.gif popcorn[1].gif
Woody

Click to view attachment

Holy crap! 112x80? What kind of dyno numbers are you seeing? Is this an engine that is supposed to last longer than 20,000 miles?
saigon71
Cool tables!

What is the largest crank that can be used that doesn't require additional work in the case for clearance? Is it anything over 71MM?

Jake Raby
QUOTE(Woody @ Dec 27 2014, 11:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Holy crap! 112x80? What kind of dyno numbers are you seeing? Is this an engine that is supposed to last longer than 20,000 miles?

With the proper machining and practices bigger doesn't mean shorter life. To fit a bore larger than 107mm you must alter the bore centerlines of the case. This is not easy to do.

The 112mm cylinders are thicker than a 103mm and have the deepest cooling fins radially, with just as many fins per inch as any other LN cylinder.

Anything is possible, it just gets much, much harder to create an efficient engine when it gets bigger and bigger. The only way to feed an engine like this is with Porkies heads, some twisted wedge action and splayed valves.

Woody
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 28 2014, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Woody @ Dec 27 2014, 11:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment

With the proper machining and practices bigger doesn't mean shorter life. To fit a bore larger than 107mm you must alter the bore centerlines of the case. This is not easy to do.

The 112mm cylinders are thicker than a 103mm and have the deepest cooling fins radially, with just as many fins per inch as any other LN cylinder.

Anything is possible, it just gets much, much harder to create an efficient engine when it gets bigger and bigger. The only way to feed an engine like this is with Porkies heads, some twisted wedge action and splayed valves.

I was going to ask what the heads look like. Very cool.
Slider
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 23 2014, 03:41 PM) *

What happened to Tunacan.net?

Zach

Thats my Brothers site, hes in the middle of moving info around and getting updates rolled out.

Stay Tuned..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.