Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who re-does gauge faces, LED's, etc.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Id like to get my gauges re-done. White face with LED lighting, etc. Who does the best job. Do they have a website with costs?

Thanks,

Steve
GeorgeRud
North Hollywood Speedometer does a lot of restoration and modification work.
wes
I've seen North Hollywood Speedometer over Palo Alto Speedometer a few times has any one made a comparison between the two?
Mikey914
Well, you can replace the bulbs easily (not the Alt red light), and inexpensively, but unless you need them worked on for another reason, Tims have a few more bells and whistles, I'd send mine to him if it's just the lighting you need..
r_towle
QUOTE(wes @ Dec 28 2014, 02:34 PM) *

I've seen North Hollywood Speedometer over Palo Alto Speedometer a few times has any one made a comparison between the two?

Same company, merged a few years ago, never changed the addresses or websites so it still looks like two firms.
timothy_nd28
I have a couple DIY'er threads on how to integrate single or multicolor LED's inside each gauge can. I can also do it for you and include my custom controller which changes the color to red at a set RPM
rick 918-S
Send a pm to Marks914 Mark Surel. He started a gauge company some years back. He has done several custom face gauges for me. I actually have another project for him now I need to contact him about. I need a custom gauge face made to replicate our Healey with 911 GPS speedo guts. At a glance it will look stock.
ThePaintedMan
A +1 for Tim's (timothy_nd28) gauge service. You will not be disappointed and he can really modernize them for you. aktion035.gif
Kansas 914
I am going to try these guys out in the Spring: http://www.whitegauges.net/categories/Porsche/914/

stugray
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Dec 28 2014, 03:51 PM) *

I have a couple DIY'er threads on how to integrate single or multicolor LED's inside each gauge can. I can also do it for you and include my custom controller which changes the color to red at a set RPM

Just out of curiosity. Did you use an arduino for the tachometer?
I built one that works on either the stock ignition (tach signal) or (easier) a cleaner signal from a Mallory unilite optical pickup.
I used an interrupt driven frequency counter in the Arduino.

Turns my tach bright blue as a shift light.
IPB Image
r_towle
QUOTE(stugray @ Dec 29 2014, 02:29 PM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Dec 28 2014, 03:51 PM) *

Just out of curiosity. Did you use an arduino for the tachometer?
I built one that works on either the stock ignition (tach signal) or (easier) a cleaner signal from a Mallory unilite optical pickup.
I used an interrupt driven frequency counter in the Arduino.

Turns my tach bright blue as a shift light.
IPB Image

Do you have a build thread so we can see everything you have done Stu?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.