Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: this must be the year of the 914...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
Pretty cool.

I was thinking about this the other day, It seems like we only have about 1/3 of the 6s accounted for.

Lots of potential for barn-finds and survivor cars out there.
JmuRiz
I posed a comment, they are about 5 years too late to the investment party. The cheap ones are already gone...well, cheap in the eyes of us cheap-skate 914 owners biggrin.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jan 2 2015, 09:55 AM) *

I posed a comment, they are about 5 years too late to the investment party. The cheap ones are already gone...well, cheap in the eyes of us cheap-skate 914 owners biggrin.gif

That's what I was just thinking.
Johny Blackstain
Interesting article, but it states the 911T was the flagship of the marque. laugh.gif I think it was written, yet again, by someone who knows very little about early 1970's Porsches.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jan 2 2015, 08:16 AM) *

Interesting article, but it states the 911T was the flagship of the marque. laugh.gif I think it was written, yet again, by someone who knows very little about early 1970's Porsches.

agree.gif Didn't mention the M471 specifically or the 916, though mentioned the two unobtanium 914/8s confused24.gif .
JmuRiz
Product of lazy web-surfing research, that's my guess.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jan 2 2015, 10:16 AM) *
"This put its cost within spitting distance of that of the least expensive variant of Porsche's flagship model, the 911T."

Poorly written... pretty sure the writer meant the 911 as the flagship model, and the 911T as the least expensive variant. confused24.gif

driving.gif
partsman
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 2 2015, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jan 2 2015, 10:16 AM) *
"This put its cost within spitting distance of that of the least expensive variant of Porsche's flagship model, the 911T."

Poorly written... pretty sure the writer meant the 911 as the flagship model, and the 911T as the least expensive variant. confused24.gif

driving.gif

Wait... isn't that what it says...I don't think they were identifying the 911T as the flagship model, I thnk they meant that in the line of 911's ( the flagship model) the 911T was the least expensive...take "the 911T" out of the sentence and see how it reads.

At least that's how it read to me. But I'm often confused and wrong...just ask my wife. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.