Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late Model Fuel Pump Mounting Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nozzle
I am interested in mounting a new fuel pump in the late model forward location using the stock mounting bracket and plate. I've tried to find good pictures online and using the search function here to use as a reference but so far no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Spoke
Here's how I mounted the fuel pump in the front.

Cut the fuel door by outlining the cutout with spray paint

Click to view attachment

Welded a plate onto the cutout so the cutout centers the cover.

Click to view attachment

Drilled holes for bolts.

Click to view attachment

Welded nuts onto the inside of the fuel tank area.

Click to view attachment

Used 2 hose clamps to secure the pump to the door. Dremel made some nice slots to run the clamps through.

Click to view attachment

Offset the pump on the door so I could pull the pump out easily.

Click to view attachment

Done.

Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
Here is the stock one.
Click to view attachment
Nozzle
Thanks for the replies folks. If I can't find a stock mounting plate then the custom-built solution will probably be the best option.

Thanks again.
Steve Snyder
I used the stock mount and plate out of a '75 to relocate the pump to the front of my '74. It is very easy... just measure and cut a rectangle out of the front trunk divider, drill four holes for the mounting bolts and weld in four nuts. I also used the '75's stock felt with the built-in carpet bubble to cover it. It looks like it came from the factory.

I'm pretty sure I have a spare mount, plate & felt in a box somewhere. I can try to dig it up if you are interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.