Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 lug 6x15 inch fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
funk
I found a sent of 5 lug 6 x 15 inch Porsche fuch wheels. Would they fit on a narrow bodied 914? the key word being 5 lug and I am uncertain if they are what you would call deep sixes??I've seen 914s with 7 inch wheels on narrow bodied.no fender rolling and they fit. then I have seen others where smaller sizes used and they rubbed and were no fit. Is there a way to know all the particulars of 914 narrow bodied fits??I couldn't find any blogs here. Although, I know this has been of interest on our site??
mskala
QUOTE(funk @ Jan 19 2015, 03:25 AM) *

I found a sent of 5 lug 6 x 15 inch Porsche fuch wheels. Would they fit on a narrow bodied 914? the key word being 5 lug and I am uncertain if they are what you would call deep sixes??I've seen 914s with 7 inch wheels on narrow bodied.no fender rolling and they fit. then I have seen others where smaller sizes used and they rubbed and were no fit. Is there a way to know all the particulars of 914 narrow bodied fits??I couldn't find any blogs here. Although, I know this has been of interest on our site??

Yes. Also note that the 'deep six' and the other one sometimes called flat, are
the exact same offset, so the fit is the same. 6x15 is a very safe bet.

There is more to it than just wheels when it comes to the wider ones. Depends on
a lot of things including wheel offset, camber, tire size, spring rate, and normal variance in bodywork.

Mark Henry
They are what I will be using. Look at the back for the part number.
IIRC the most common 15x6 fuch rim part number ends in 020.
napasteve
Mine fit just fine with 205/60R15 Goodyear Eagle GT tires. My Fuchs are part number 911.361.020.10 manufactured in 1975. Refinished by Harvey. Conversion to 5-lug done by McMark. No fender rolling and no rubbing.

Click to view attachment
wndsnd
I am running Deep Six 15's with 205's narrow body, no fender rolling.

John
Dave_Darling
There's no real way to tell ahead of time exactly what fits under a particular 914 without measuring. All of these cars vary a bit, and there is almost always more space inside of one rear fender than the other. (Not always the same side from car to car, either.)

You can measure the space compared to your current wheels and tires, and use the differences in widths and offsets and tire widths and such to approximate the amount of space a different set of wheels and tires would take up, but there are often variations in actual wheel/tire combos from the numbers you calculate.

You should be safe running 195-width tires on 6" Fuchs. You have reasonable odds of 205s on the 6es fitting. You have much worse odds of 205s on 7s fitting.

Note that you may need to fold over the rear fender lip for clearance in some cases, especially early cars. In later cars, the fender lip was smaller.

--DD
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 19 2015, 10:04 AM) *

There's no real way to tell ahead of time exactly what fits under a particular 914 without measuring. All of these cars vary a bit, and there is almost always more space inside of one rear fender than the other. (Not always the same side from car to car, either.)

You can measure the space compared to your current wheels and tires, and use the differences in widths and offsets and tire widths and such to approximate the amount of space a different set of wheels and tires would take up, but there are often variations in actual wheel/tire combos from the numbers you calculate.

You should be safe running 195-width tires on 6" Fuchs. You have reasonable odds of 205s on the 6es fitting. You have much worse odds of 205s on 7s fitting.

Note that you may need to fold over the rear fender lip for clearance in some cases, especially early cars. In later cars, the fender lip was smaller.

--DD

agree.gif
GeorgeRud
My early car did require a bit of fender rollingtoget clearance with the 205/60 on 6x15 Fuchs. When I replaced the tires, I went with 195/65-15 and it fits nicely and is very close to the stock rolling radius of the original tires.
horizontally-opposed
I am looking at trying to sneak 215/60R15s on 15x7 911R wheels into the rear of my narrow 914. Years ago, 205/60R15s fit on 15x6s, but I suspect some stretching is going to be needed this time...

Fingers crossed...
Dave_Darling
I know at least one 74 that could not fit 205s on 7x15 911R wheels. (Original R wheels, allegedly!) The owner went with 195s, and evidently the tire people were not happy about trying to stretch 195s over 7" wheels.

Then again, we know other cars that have fit larger wheels/tires with little or no persuasion... Good luck with yours, Pete!

--DD
horizontally-opposed
Thanks, Dave! smile.gif

Somewhat apprehensive, but need to repaint both sides of my car anyway, so...what's a little stretching? Thinking about 215/60R15 or 225/50R15. Or, to play it safe, 205/60R15, but there are no great choices in the third size.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.