Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I installed these spring perches upside down, didn't I?-Or did I?! New Problem!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Neil914
The spring is sitting on a flat perch with nothing to locate it, but inverting the silver perch (spring cup) doesn't seem quite right to me.
76-914
yep
Cairo94507
Sorry, but yup.
Neil914
Alright, thank you.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Neil914 @ Jan 21 2015, 10:51 AM) *

Alright, thank you.

Been There

Done That
malcolm2
Seems like I have to do lots of things twice too. But it is fun, right?
Neil914
Well I flipped it but now the hat does not come down far enough to actually compress the spring or even touch it. Just add a spacer? Or align it as I set the car on the ground?-questionable. BTW, these are 100 lb springs, and are a little shorter than the stock ones.
messix
move the wire retention clip under the perch up higher on the shock
76-914
As the car is lowered it will compress. Bolt it to the arm then jack up the arm until the shock is in the shock tower.
ndfrigi
On my 75 I installed the same shocks as yours except I did use my original spring. The adjustable perch was on the highest line. I believe original spring is only 90 lbs plus an old one already. Below is the height image of my car.
BigFour1973
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 26 2015, 09:42 PM) *

On my 75 I installed the same shocks as yours except I did use my original spring. The adjustable perch was on the highest line. I believe original spring is only 90 lbs plus an old one already. Below is the height image of my car.

Click to view attachment

what size tires are you running on your car? width and aspect ratio is what im curious about. Im trying to figure out if 195/55 will not fill out like im looking for
messix
195 65 will come close to stock tire daimeter
ndfrigi
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Jan 26 2015, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 26 2015, 09:42 PM) *

what size tires are you running on your car? width and aspect ratio is what im curious about. Im trying to figure out if 195/55 will not fill out like im looking for

Currently on my riviera wheels my tires are 185x65 and I'm 5 mph higher on my speedo compare to GPS speed. My 71 1.7 has pedrini wheels with 205x65 and it fit well with no rubbing.

Oops sorry we hi jack this thread.
Neil914
Since the lower retention clip is on its lowest setting, I will move it up then. There must be a trick on how to easily do that?
messix
use a sharp pointed tool or snap ring tool to pry one end up out of the groove and continue around the clip and slide it to the next grove or more as needed.
BigFour1973
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 26 2015, 10:13 PM) *

195 65 will come close to stock tire daimeter

I'm not so much looking to resort to stock specs on the side wall. im just curious if 195/55 will look silly with the wheel well gap(like a low rider), or if itll fit in nicely.
messix
this is what 195 50 looks like
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.