Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will fuel injection work with a 1911cc engine, with an 86a grind cam?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevegm
I have a 1911cc engine that has an 86a grind cam. The specs for the cam are here:

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Web-Cam-Type-...-5-p/00-082.htm

I am trying to figure out if this engine (1911cc), and cam, will work with D-jetronic fuel injection. Anybody know or have experience with this?
914werke
I believe the 86 is for carb's & the "a" is for FI, so yes it can work with D-Jet and a correctly configured 1911.
Ive done it smile.gif although my engine didn't use that Web cam
malcolm2
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 21 2015, 03:15 PM) *

I have a 1911cc engine that has an 86a grind cam. The specs for the cam are here:

I am trying to figure out if this engine (1911cc), and cam, will work with D-jetronic fuel injection. Anybody know or have experience with this?

I have the 1911 with L-jet. I adjusted the AFM gear about 11 teeth IIRC. Found the how-to online. I'll see if I can find it, there may be some D-jet info there too. I have a Daily Driver Cam from TIV store.com, #9550 and went with Jake's recommendation on CR of less than 8.

Can't help with the D-jet, but as you know the World will come to the rescue.
Mark Henry
I'm pretty sure it won't, too much duration. But I've never used this cam.
It looks a lot like a Scat C-25 which is a mild carb cam.

Would work good with a d-jet intake with MegaSquirt.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jan 21 2015, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 21 2015, 03:15 PM) *

I have the 1911 with L-jet. I adjusted the AFM gear about 11 teeth IIRC. Found the how-to online. I'll see if I can find it, there may be some D-jet info there too. I have a Daily Driver Cam from TIV store.com, #9550 and went with Jake's recommendation on CR of less than 8.

Can't help with the D-jet, but as you know the World will come to the rescue.

I believe 9550 was a djet FI cam, a modified WEB73
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 21 2015, 04:34 PM) *

Would work good with a d-jet intake with MegaSquirt.

I'm soon going to put up for sale a set of modified 1.8 manifolds that allow you to mount all the 2.0 d-jet parts (plenum, TB, air cleaner, etc) on 4 bolt heads.

Then you could megasquirt the engine.

This is a known running combo that I ran with a 2.0 scat C-25cam with SDS FI and later a stock 1.8
I also might still have all the intake/injector bits, just no brain.
PM me if interested.
Woody
That cam will not work with factory injection
Jake Raby
It'll run fine... At wide ass open throttle! You'll have no idle, no midrange and no tenability, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.