Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 CV, help me remember
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
When someone puts the larger flanged 915 output flanges on their transmission, can they use a 915 CV on one side and a smaller 914 CV on the outside? I forget if the inner splines are the same. My memory stops at the end of the flange wink.gif

This is for an LSD build so that needs special flanges and we can only find 915 ones. If anyone has the smaller dia output flanges for an LSD, we would be interested.
Cap'n Krusty
915 CV joints are splined for Porsche axles, 914 CV joints are splined for VW axles. (That's the difference between 914/6 CV joints and the 914/4 ones, too.)

The Cap'n
JFJ914
Use the 944 100mm CV. It has the VW spline count. The stock axle will also need machining to accommodate the wider CV.
Randal
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Jan 25 2015, 08:35 AM) *

Use the 944 100mm CV. It has the VW spline count. The stock axle will also need machining to accommodate the wider CV.

I used a 915 output shaft, 944 turbo CV (inboard) and the same thing outboard as I have a 5 bolt conversion.

Can't remember what the axles are, maybe turbo 944, but they didn't have to be modified.

There are some great write ups on doing this conversion on this site. Including the one that I used that lists all the parts necessary. Or maybe it was Andy who told me, which is likely.
Dr Evil
That is what I was blanking on, the 944 part. Been a long time since I thought about it. Thanks smile.gif
sixnotfour
Where is your patient chart Doc??
Dr Evil
Do what now? blink.gif
pdlightning
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Jan 25 2015, 08:35 AM) *

I used a 915 and modified the flanges to 108 mm in order to use 930/ turbo CV and axles on both ends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.