Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lon Beach Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Reiche
I recognize that second micro car as a Messerschmitt. What is the first one? NSU?

Those Germans and their air-cooled tail-draggers.
Dad Roberts
The first micro cars' nameplate was on the dash.....Bianchian....or something like that. All I know was that it was very close to the Vespa car my brother bought from our uncle back in the early seventies. This one had LOTS more chrome than the Vespa tho. Same suicide doors, top, and 2 cylinder motor. Ours was a 2 cycle, you had to put oil in a tank that mixed with the fuel. We fabbed up an expansion chamber with a silencer for an exhaust. Top speed......bout 40, downhill, with a tailwind biggrin.gif . I had to look that one over good.....brought back memories rolleyes.gif .....obviously biggrin.gif .....Dad driving.gif edit....I went to the site....www.carsfromitaly.com....it sure looks like it was the car.....coulda swore it was a Vespa......now I have to look up....Vespa.. biggrin.gif
Reiche
Looks like an Autobianchi "Bianchina." Found it on www.carsfromitaly.com
Dad Roberts
Well......I was close.....old age, ya know?? biggrin.gif Dad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.