Here a couple of pictures I took this am at the Long Beach swap meet:
jim_hoyland
And..
jim_hoyland
There must be a history to this...
jim_hoyland
Great looking rocker panels...
jim_hoyland
and finally, a nice display of 914 combination gauges. His web site is www.nhspeedometer.com...
bernbomb914

The Captn
bernbomb914
the real Mike Z
bernbomb914
nice rear flares, 6 cly.
bernbomb914
xxx
bernbomb914
wet, no light
bernbomb914
xxx
bernbomb914
xxx
bernbomb914
xxx
bernbomb914
left his window open
bernbomb914
Dad Roberts car
bernbomb914
xxx
bernbomb914
Mine just got it running,made it home with a tow truck yea!!!! mueba.gif
bernbomb914
last one
Brando
I wonder... do those little luvers (sp?) in that last pic actually help with a stock cooling setup (-4/-6) or are they just for appearance?
bernbomb914
I dont know, but they do draw air thru them

Bernie
Howard
Beauty meets Beast!

Mrs. K and MikeZ meet for the first time. Check out her shirt!
Howard
Just before fight was stopped and TKO awarded to Mrs K.
Aaron Cox
that is such an easy blackmail target.....

mike...gimme frank or ill send that pic to your wife ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Howard
Damn, Aaron. You sure know how to bring a knife to a gun fight biggrin.gif
Sammy
Cant be Mikey, he aint wearing a hawaiian shirt. The flip-flops in the rain is a pretty good impersonation tho.
drew365
So, for those of us that didn't get to go, was this get together anything like Dunkels? Better, worse? Any fancy car displays?
Joe Bob
Pretty anemic.....the best part was meeting Mrs. K.....I'll never wash my hand again.... grouphug.gif I'm totally in lust...

Drove home in Frank, 130 miles....went thru three seperate rain storms with no top on the car....I'm freaking wet.....total downpour ovet the 405 freeway pass.....
Mrs. K
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 6 2005, 07:01 PM)
Pretty anemic.....the best part was meeting Mrs. K.....I'll never wash my hand again.... grouphug.gif I'm totally in lust...

wub.gif Oh Mikey!!!! The feeling is mutual! wub.gif
And I will never wash my "avatar" shirt!!! lol2.gif

Lisa grouphug.gif
skline
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Feb 6 2005, 07:14 PM)

Lisa grouphug.gif

So I imagine after a few weeks, that should start to smell pretty strong? Maybe he could take you for a ride in his car.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 6 2005, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Feb 6 2005, 07:14 PM)

Lisa grouphug.gif

So I imagine after a few weeks, that should start to smell pretty strong? Maybe he could take you for a ride in his car.

biggrin.gif Well I don't know about his hand, but I won't wear that shirt again until WCC 05! lol2.gif

Where are the pics you took, Scott?

Lisa rolleyes.gif
bernbomb914
I was disapointed in the swap meet not near as good as the old Dunkels. not many european cars there. mostly porsche but not like the old meets.maybe the weather had something to do with it.

Bernie
Howard
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Feb 6 2005, 10:19 PM)
I was disapointed in the swap meet not near as good as the old Dunkels. not many european cars there. mostly porsche but not like the old meets.maybe the weather had something to do with it.

Bernie

Never went to Dunkels, so don't really know, but this wasn't much. Maybe it's me, but Ventura didn't rock my socks either. Our little group is great, and I did pick up a few more sponsors and entrants for WCC. We really should do a monthly meet.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 6 2005, 11:35 PM)
We really should do a monthly meet.

uh....hooters in anaheim wink.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 6 2005, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 6 2005, 11:35 PM)
We really should do a monthly meet.

uh....hooters in anaheim wink.gif

wink.gif Works for me laugh.gif

Lisa clap.gif
Dad Roberts
I wondered who that was you were talkin to Mikey when we walked up. I could see that you were..."workin" rolleyes.gif ....so I didn't interrupt. Maybe next time you won't be so "busy" and can introduce us biggrin.gif ? Thanks to all the other members who came up and spoke when we were at the car. It was great meeting some of you at the AutoX and dinner and more at the swapmeet. Maybe someday my long-lost son biggrin.gif will grace us Socal folks with his prescence again? Thanks again..............Dad driving.gif
markb
Had a good time at the swapmeet. Not as big as I expected, but I found a nice combo gauge for $5. We sold a lot of stuff, so packing the bus & vanagon wasn't too bad.
It was great to put faces to names at the dinner. Thanks to all that came and chowed down with us. I kinda feel a little sorry for those who sat near us. Z was his normal self biggrin.gif (sorry Mike rolleyes.gif )
I didn't get the chance to check out all the members' cars, someday I should go to one of these things in the teener & just hang out with the gang.
The trip home started out badly, traffic was almost a standstill, so we scooted over to PCH (Hiway 1 to you non CA folk), and went up the coast that way. Got home 7:30ish, and I was sawing logs by 9:30. This getting up at 4:30 in the morning sucks!! Glad I only have to do it a few times a year. Next time I think we'll find a motel in a slightly better part of town.
I saw a few folk taking pics, but aven't seen the results posted yet. I know skline took a few of the crowd at Johnny Rebs, & we talked the waitress into snapping a few. Anyway, thanks to all for livening up the trip for us! clap.gif
Kargeek
Here's a few shots from what I took at the meet. Some nice 356's and "other" makes too. I missed having it at Dunkels old place- just wasn't the same. DH

Fred's six...
Kargeek
Some very nice 911's including a few Carreras...RS's
Kargeek
My buddy Bob in the background - we liked this car...
Kargeek
More 911s...Classic Porsche shot...
Kargeek
I like the competition look with 356’s - I want one...
Kargeek
This was an awsome car...I believe it was a four cam...really nice.
Kargeek
Something about those "A and pre A 356's...they look like bottom feeder sea creatures.
Kargeek
How about a Bug Eyed Sprite? The owner was asking 15K. Something to think about with pricing our 914's
Kargeek
The Micro cars were there...
Kargeek
More Micro's...
Kargeek
After 17 years, I finally drove my car in the rain!
TonyAKAVW
A couple of pictures I took...

Some other non-porsche cars.
TonyAKAVW
356's in a row.
TonyAKAVW
Some nice VW buses showed up as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.