Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0L Dual exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Does anyone make a dual exhaust like this one for a 4 cylinder 2.0 liter?
Dave_Darling
Racer Chris makes one: http://tangerineracing.com/tangerine_iv.htm

--DD
914forme
Looks like a modified 2.0L exhaust and then they made it a 911 sport muffler. Not hard to do if you know some one who can weld it up for you. It requires drilling two holes, adding the pipes, welding them in. Cut off the stock pipe and welding in the cover for that hole.

Optionally you can make it in to a Rally Muffler. You leave the stock pipe in place. Then you build caps for the pipes you don't want to use at that time. Some times on long trips them sport mufflers can get a little uh, annoying!!!!

Or if you run a venue that has a Db limit, it becomes very nice. I know my neighbors hated me everything I fired up my 914 at 6am, with its race header and silencer. I ran a Tangerine Header - Chris does great work. And his original silencer. I should have ponied up for the new street silencer as even I would have enjoyed a quite ride to the auto-x on a Sunday morning.
Cal
QUOTE(914forme @ Feb 8 2015, 09:33 AM) *

Looks like a modified 2.0L exhaust and then they made it a 911 sport muffler. Not hard to do if you know some one who can weld it up for you. It requires drilling two holes, adding the pipes, welding them in. Cut off the stock pipe and welding in the cover for that hole.

Optionally you can make it in to a Rally Muffler. You leave the stock pipe in place. Then you build caps for the pipes you don't want to use at that time. Some times on long trips them sport mufflers can get a little uh, annoying!!!!

Or if you run a venue that has a Db limit, it becomes very nice. I know my neighbors hated me everything I fired up my 914 at 6am, with its race header and silencer. I ran a Tangerine Header - Chris does great work. And his original silencer. I should have ponied up for the new street silencer as even I would have enjoyed a quite ride to the auto-x on a Sunday morning.

Yes, the rally/sport muffler is what I'm referring to. SYCIP makes the three pipe exit muffler for the early 911's.....I almost bought one for my '67 a couple of years ago. IMO, the twin center pipe exhaust that tangerine racing makes looks to contemporary for the 914.
Ian Stott
Check out Tangerine Racing, I have a dual outlet from Chris, very good quality and lots of positive comments about the sound.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.