Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refurbishing engine tin on a six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gereed75
I am prepping my original six engine tins for repaint. I have then all looking pretty straight except one end of the long piece that goes on the front of the engine.

Can anyone tell me what this end should look like?? The one in the picture appears to be kinked up, or is this the correct shape?? Should this end be "flat" or have this upturn?? Hope you can see by the pictures below. Thanks
worn
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Feb 15 2015, 07:16 PM) *

I am prepping my original six engine tins for repaint. I have then all looking pretty straight except one end of the long piece that goes on the front of the engine.

Can anyone tell me what this end should look like?? The one in the picture appears to be kinked up, or is this the correct shape?? Should this end be "flat" or have this upturn?? Hope you can see by the pictures below. Thanks

I should say they are kinked at the ends, perhaps so as to make things fit better. Just made a set of my own, and I must say I like the extra detail in the stock version.
rgalla9146
It should be flat.
That diagonal bend with the surface rust has to be worked out.
And that square attached piece is supposed to be a bendable strap to hold the harness.
gereed75
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 15 2015, 10:38 PM) *

It should be flat.
That diagonal bend with the surface rust has to be worked out.

Yep, I see that now. Mated it to the matching side piece. Should be flat. Thanks
gereed75
Rgalla, Thanks for digging out the parts for those pix and thanks for catching my broken harness strap. This forum rocks again!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.