Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Washer Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
So going through the Frunk while I have the gas tank out.

Windsheild Washers have never worked. But it looks like a DAPO long ago installation of a factory like rocker switch in the dash is already there.

So what is the best aftermarket pump using the stock reservoir?

The Bird Board list a VDO for $120......that seems a little heavy.

I don't want or need the 924 wiper switch so I figure I just tap the bottom nipple on the stock resivoir and output to the existing nozzles. The fire and the rocker switch is already there.

Thoughts and advice on the pump? Anyone used a FLAPS alternative to the VDO?

Thanks
NFBrown
I used a pump for an1989 GMC van I bought at NAPA for about $20. I had one of those vans once apon a time and knew what the pump looked like. I made a strap to mount it under the washer bottle. I removed the valve and tubing from the steering column and installed a micro switch so the washers work the same as before.

Nick
SirAndy
I got a washer pump for a period correct 911 which (not all that surprisingly) looks a lot like the 914-6 washer pump.

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_el_washer.php

I don't remember the price, but it was new, affordable and looks like it belongs.
shades.gif
Mike Bellis
Under $15 here...

http://www.amazon.com/URO-Parts-823-955-65...che+washer+pump
914_teener
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 27 2015, 08:02 PM) *

I got a washer pump for a period correct 911 which (not all that surprisingly) looks a lot like the 914-6 washer pump.

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_el_washer.php

I don't remember the price, but it was new, affordable and looks like it belongs.
shades.gif

Nice write up Andy. That helps

I always forget about that section.

Think that is the VDO one. Not sure but I think they did use the same one in the -6.

Thanks
worn
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 27 2015, 11:13 AM) *

So going through the Frunk while I have the gas tank out.

Windsheild Washers have never worked. But it looks like a DAPO long ago installation of a factory like rocker switch in the dash is already there.

So what is the best aftermarket pump using the stock reservoir?

The Bird Board list a VDO for $120......that seems a little heavy.

I don't want or need the 924 wiper switch so I figure I just tap the bottom nipple on the stock resivoir and output to the existing nozzles. The fire and the rocker switch is already there.

Thoughts and advice on the pump? Anyone used a FLAPS alternative to the VDO?

Thanks

The volkswagen, porsche and Audi pumps were all very similar over a long time. So you can get low price and porsche look if you want. But not at your FLAPS.
914_teener
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Feb 27 2015, 09:32 PM) *

Done...getting the URO one thanks Mike.
Mueller

I hope that is a misprint on the weight...6 pounds seems a little excessive for a part like that!
914_teener
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 28 2015, 02:51 PM) *

I hope that is a misprint on the weight...6 pounds seems a little excessive for a part like that!

huh.gif

I hope so......there is enough HP to weight with that car as it is! laugh.gif
SirAndy

confused24.gif

Technical Details
Brand: URO Parts
Model: 823 955 651
Item Weight: 3.2 ounces

Mueller
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 28 2015, 03:41 PM) *

confused24.gif

Technical Details
Brand: URO Parts
Model: 823 955 651
Item Weight: 3.2 ounces

that is strange...on my phone browser it shows it as 91 ounces!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.