Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast Beach Party! Saturday March 14th - Jacksonville Beach, FL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tumamilhem
Hey Gang!

I am coordinating and hosting the East Coast Beach Party in Jacksonville Beach, FL, the final destination for Eric Shea of PMB Performance's "Coast to Coast" 914 cross country trip filming "The 914 Experience" documentary. Everybody is welcome and encouraged to come!

Beginning with the West Coast Beach Party on Saturday 7 March in Corona Del Mar Beach, CA and traveling cross country in a 2.5 914/6 with daily stops along the southern route to The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance and finishing at the East Coast Beach Party on Saturday 14 March in Jacksonville Beach, FL, "The 914 Experience" will be a documentary about 914s, their owners and their experiences, coast to coast, ending right here at Jacksonville Beach, FL.

There is also a 914 World Member Meet/Breakfast and Drive to The Concours for the Cars and Coffee at the Concours at Amelia Island that Saturday morning. All members are welcome! For more information on the 914 Drive to Amelia and the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread, the Friday evening Member Evening Out and the all-day Saturday itinerary schedule, go here: 2015 20th Anniversary Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - 914 World Member Meet and Drive to the Concours + Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread
driving.gif

After the Cars and Coffee at the Concours (ends at 1 PM, those with cars in the show will be exiting the green by 1:30 PM), the East Coast Beach Party in Jacksonville Beach will take place in two locations next to each other right at the Jacksonville Beach Pier.

We will park in the Jacksonville Pier parking lot, which sits between Casa Marina on the left and The Pier Cantina and Sandbar on the right. The plan is to get a big block so we can get all of our 914s lined up in a row for pictures!
creamsicle914.jpg signal914.jpg red914.jpg ravenna914.jpg blue914.jpg andy914.jpg irish914.jpg

WHAT: The 914 Experience East Coast Beach Party
WHERE #1: Casa Marina Penthouse Lounge (upstairs indoor/outdoor terrace lounge)
691 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
www.casamarinahotel.com
WHEN: 3 PM
Casa Marina is a very old and famous historical Spanish hotel on the beach (as well as a hangout for Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly) on JAX Beach. They have a terrace lounge upstairs for cocktails, mingling, and live music from 3 PM - 6 PM.

WHERE #2: The Pier Cantina and Sandbar
412 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
www.thepierjax.com
WHEN: (After Casa Marina)
The Pier Cantina and Sandbar is a two level restaurant indoor/outdoor bar and lounge on the beach boardwalk. Has live music.

Links for related info and events:
- For more information on the West Coast Beach Party starting point, go here: West Coast Beach Party
For more information on the 914 World Member Meet + Drive to Amelia and the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread with all-day Saturday itinerary schedule, go here: 2015 20th Anniversary Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - 914 World Member Meet and Drive to the Concours + Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread
- For more information on "The 914 Experience" documentary, go here: Coast to Coast
- And here: 914 Documentary Kickstarter Campaign
- For more information on "The 914 Experience" documentary and to pledge on Kickstarter, go here: The 914 Experience Documentary on Kickstarter

"The 914 Experience" Kickstarter Pledge Incentives:
1. For each $10.00 donated, you'll receive a PMB "rotor/caliper" keychain.
2. For each $20.00 donated, you'll receive a commemorative t-shirt, a keychain and "Benefactor" statis in the credits for the documentary.
3. For each $100.00 donated, you'll receive 20% off a PMB caliper order and all of the above.

"The 914 Experience" Documentary Coast to Coast Schedule:
3/7 - Corona Del Mar, CA - Beach Party
3/8 - Anaheim, CA - SoCal All Porsche Swap
3/8 - Las Vegas, NV - HofbrÀuhaus (Dinner)
3/9 - Flagstaff, AZ - Wildflower Baking Co. (Lunch)
3/9 - Albuquerque, NM - Turtle Mountain Brewery (Dinner)
3/10 - Amarillo, TX - Big Texan (Lunch)
3/10 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Grill (Dinner)
3/11 - Shreveport, LA - Herby K's (Lunch)
3/11 - New Orleans, LA - Cochon Restaurant (Dinner)
3/12 - Mobile, AL - (TBD) (Lunch)
3/13 - Jacksonville, FL - Brumos Porsche
3/14 - Amelia Island, FL - Cars and Coffee at the Concours (part of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance)
3/14 - Jacksonville Beach, FL - Beach Party

SPONSORS
If you are interested in sponsoring the East Coast Beach Party, please let me know! Sponsors will be listed in post #7.

PLEASE comment your RSVP to get a general head count of how many we can expect! Head count will be in post #8.

From Left Coast to Right Coast and for everybody coming out of town,
WELCOME TO JACKSONVILLE AND JACKSONVILLE BEACH, FL! first.gif aktion035.gif party.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
stevegm
I'm in - 2 people. I'll bring goodies if you all want to do a contest and give some away or something.
tumamilhem
East Coast Beach Party Stop 1

WHERE #1: Casa Marina Penthouse Lounge (upstairs indoor/outdoor terrace lounge)
691 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
www.casamarinahotel.com
WHEN: 3 PM
Casa Marina is a very old and famous historical Spanish hotel on the beach (as well as a hangout for Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly) on JAX Beach. They have a terrace lounge upstairs for cocktails, mingling, and live music from 3 PM - 6 PM.

Casa Marina ca. 1925
Click to view attachment

And now...
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Inside the Penthouse Lounge (indoor + outside terrace facing the beach)
Click to view attachment
tumamilhem
East Coast Beach Party Stop 2

WHERE #2: The Pier Cantina and Sandbar
412 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
www.thepierjax.com
WHEN: (After Casa Marina)
The Pier Cantina and Sandbar is a two level restaurant indoor/outdoor bar and lounge on the beach boardwalk. Has live music.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tumamilhem
The Jacksonville Beach American Red Cross Volunteer Live Saving Corps Lifeguard House next to where we'll be (1946, 1948 and now).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tumamilhem
Sponsors:

- stevegm: Free 914 t-shirts, posters and other 914-related goodies
tumamilhem
PLEASE comment your RSVP so we can get a general head count of how many to expect!

East Coast Beach Party Member Attendees thus far:

- tumamilhem
- Eric_Shea
- Jaime Mejia
- stevegm
- snakemain
- vw_porsche
- Steve Snyder
- 57lincolnman
- racerbvd
- ThePaintedMan
- siverson
- Kelvin
- Donna
- shadygrady
- Lewis Broyles
- gereed75
Eric_Shea
aaaaaahhhh... do not zoom in on the pink bikini bottom. Not that we did... I'm just saying, you probably shouldn't. icon8.gif
Eric_Shea
Awesome post Tommy!

West Coast Beach Party is in full swing. We're shooting for the closest firepit (vs. charcoal pit... don't ask) to the Parking lot.

J-Ville looks like way too much fun! I have a feeling I'll be needing one of those big @$$ margahrita's by the time I get there!!
snakemain
I will be there. Might bring some friends if they make it down from South Carolina.

E
tumamilhem
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 5 2015, 05:14 PM) *

aaaaaahhhh... do not zoom in on the pink bikini bottom. Not that we did... I'm just saying, you probably shouldn't. icon8.gif

Hahaha! That's not what it looks like. KMA.gif
vw_porsche
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 5 2015, 04:13 PM) *

PLEASE comment your RSVP so we can get a general head count of how many to expect!

- tumamilhem
- Eric_Shea
- Jaime Mejia
- stevegm
- snakemain

I'm in!!
Steve Snyder
Two of us from NC will be there in my Sunflower Yellow '74!
bulitt
Believe there is a Joe's Crabshack nearby also. Are you loading the ferry up with 914's to head over to Amelia? That would be a cool pic!

I used to live in Queens Harbor, before all the high rises on the beach.
57lincolnman
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 5 2015, 01:54 PM) *

I'm - one person coming from Atlanta in '75 Porsche 914 silver. Is there a gathering at on Friday night?
57lincolnman
I will be there - 1 person from Atlanta. Is there an event on Friday evening too? Previous thread something about that at 7P at Ovinte??
racerbvd
I should be able to make it..
tumamilhem
QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 5 2015, 10:02 PM) *

Believe there is a Joe's Crabshack nearby also. Are you loading the ferry up with 914's to head over to Amelia? That would be a cool pic!

I used to live in Queens Harbor, before all the high rises on the beach.

Are you still in JAX?

No ferry, we're driving up the winding coastal Hecksher Drive (the road that goes up through the Talbot Islands to Amelia Island) on Saturday morning before the Cars and Coffee. The drive begins after Member Breakfast at the IHOP on Baymeadows Road by I-95. We'll take 95 North to 9A (295 East going North) to Hecksher Drive. There's a thread to the Drive to Amelia and the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread that contains the itinerary for the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee 914 World Meet and Drive (post #59):

2015 20th Anniversary Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Photo Thread + 914 World Member Meet and Drive to the Concours
tumamilhem
QUOTE(57lincolnman @ Mar 5 2015, 10:43 PM) *

I will be there - 1 person from Atlanta. Is there an event on Friday evening too? Previous thread something about that at 7P at Ovinte??

Yes, there is a Friday night Member get together:

FRIDAY 13 March What/Where/When:

WHAT: Member Cocktails and Conversation Evening Out
WHERE: Ovinte 10208 Buckhead Branch Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32246
WHEN: 7 PM - 10 PM
Ovinte is a nice indoor/outdoor wine bar and lounge (wine, beer, liquor, tapas) at the St. John's Town Center.
ThePaintedMan
Thanks Tommy, Eric, Jaime, Scotty, etc for putting this all together. Please count me in for the shindig on Saturday. Still trying to figure out if I'll bring my car - a beatup racecar doesn't really fit in with the rest of the group.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 6 2015, 10:02 AM) *

Thanks Tommy, Eric, Jaime, Scotty, etc for putting this all together. Please count me in for the shindig on Saturday. Still trying to figure out if I'll bring my car - a beatup racecar doesn't really fit in with the rest of the group.

Hey man, that's CHARACTER on your car! Remnants of racing! Street scars! Bring it, brother! beerchug.gif

siverson
My brother and I will be there. We are going to check out the RM auction Saturday afternoon, so will drive down after that...

-Steve
siverson
It will be great to meet some east coast 914 guys, plus, I'd love to check out your cars (I'll be in a rental). Is there a parking lot we can coordinate in?

-Steve
GeorgeRud
Though we have plans for Saturday night, we might be able to join in on Friday night. I'll try to see later in the week what plans have been made by others that I'm unaware of.

Either way, we'll meet up at the Cars and Coffee and at the Concours!
tumamilhem
QUOTE(siverson @ Mar 6 2015, 05:46 PM) *

It will be great to meet some east coast 914 guys, plus, I'd love to check out your cars (I'll be in a rental). Is there a parking lot we can coordinate in?

-Steve

Great, looking forward to seeing you, Steve! Yes, we will be parking at the Jacksonville Fishing Pier between the Casa Marina Hotel and The Pier Cantina and Sandbar, where we will be at both. See post #1 for details. smile.gif
Betty
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 6 2015, 10:02 AM) *

A very wise man we know (Lawrence (Rusty) B.) once said "I can't be an elitist - I drive a 914". Please bring your car - it's one of the brethren and must be there!

Plus, once you got there, you'd hate that you hadn't brought it. piratenanner.gif cheer.gif beerchug.gif first.gif
914four
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 5 2015, 05:13 PM) *

- tumamilhem
- Eric_Shea
- Jaime Mejia
- stevegm
- snakemain
- vw_porsche
- Steve Snyder
- 57lincolnman
- racerbvd
- ThePaintedMan
- siverson

Donna and I will plan on attending this.

Kelvin
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914four @ Mar 8 2015, 10:34 AM) *

- tumamilhem
- Eric_Shea
- Jaime Mejia
- stevegm
- snakemain
- vw_porsche
- Steve Snyder
- 57lincolnman
- racerbvd
- ThePaintedMan
- siverson

Kelvin

Did you get the car finished????

ClayPerrine
Betty and I will be there in a rental Mustang. (Seems that Hertz, Avis, Dollar, and Budget don't seem to have any 914s available that weekend).

914four
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 8 2015, 10:41 AM) *

Got the car back together and the electrical sorted but dealing with a leaking fuel pump now. Not sure the car will make it but I still plan on being there.

Betty
QUOTE(914four @ Mar 8 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Got the car back together and the electrical sorted but dealing with a leaking fuel pump now. Not sure the car will make it but I still plan on being there.

Kelvin, slap some duct tape on that fuel pump! driving.gif You know if you end up having to limp the car to Jacksonville, Clay would help you fix it!

In fact, Clay just said he could do an AutoZone run in the rent-a-slug, buy a pump (he's got the part number memorized) and install it in 2 hours (with real tools) or 4 hours with just his Leatherman. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif We could call it a Tech Session - a golden opportunity for Jaime to video that 914 can-do spirit! cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Plus, we didn't get to see much of Donna when we visited your place so it'd give us two girls a chance to sit, talk, drunk.gif and critique cheer on both of your workmanship! cheer.gif happy11.gif
tumamilhem

QUOTE(914four @ Mar 8 2015, 10:34 AM) *

- tumamilhem
- Eric_Shea
- Jaime Mejia
- stevegm
- snakemain
- vw_porsche
- Steve Snyder
- 57lincolnman
- racerbvd
- ThePaintedMan
- siverson

Kelvin

He changed the fuel pump and as a result changing some of the fuel lines. Should have it back tomorrow. I still need a full day to detail it. Cutting it really close. Thanks for asking! smile.gif
chads74
I am planning on making it, just trying to decide what car to bring.
stevegm
QUOTE(chads74 @ Mar 9 2015, 09:42 PM) *

My wife reserved my car today. I think it is a Kia.
tumamilhem
^ blink.gif
tumamilhem
QUOTE(chads74 @ Mar 9 2015, 08:42 PM) *

Chad let me know for sure for the head count. beer.gif
gereed75
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 9 2015, 10:08 PM) *

QUOTE(chads74 @ Mar 9 2015, 08:42 PM) *

Chad let me know for sure for the head count. beer.gif

I will be there for all of the festivities. beer.gif
shadygrady
Lewis Broyles and I are coming down Thursday, 3/12, and will be there through Sunday afternoon. This sounds like so much fun. We had planned to be at Brumos on Friday before learning of this fun. We will definitely attend all these 914 events. Hope you all won't mind that we aren't driving our 914's. This year we are planning to come in TweetyBird. beerchug.gif
tumamilhem
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Mar 10 2015, 11:40 AM) *

Lewis Broyles and I are coming down Thursday, 3/12, and will be there through Sunday afternoon. This sounds like so much fun. We had planned to be at Brumos on Friday before learning of this fun. We will definitely attend all these 914 events. Hope you all won't mind that we aren't driving our 914's. This year we are planning to come in TweetyBird. beerchug.gif

I plan on being at Brumos on Friday as well. The 914 get together isn't until 7 PM Friday evening, so you can do both. We just have to get to bed early to be at breakfast at 5 AM so we can start the drive at 6 AM! smile.gif
tumamilhem
So just a quick check, only one person has requested my address to meet at my house before we go to breakfast. Is anybody else planning on coming over? Because if not, we can just skip that and meet at IHOP at 5 AM for breakfast. Let me know. smile.gif
914Next
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 12 2015, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Mar 10 2015, 11:40 AM) *

I plan on being at Brumos on Friday as well. The 914 get together isn't until 7 PM Friday evening, so you can do both. We just have to get to bed early to be at breakfast at 5 AM so we can start the drive at 6 AM! smile.gif

Whats happening at Brumos on Friday?
racerbvd
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Mar 10 2015, 08:40 AM) *

What time are you guys showing up at Brumos??
Dr Evil
I'll see if Scotty B and I can make it. We may have 2 or 3 more in tow. Kicking it by the beach on the Is.
shadygrady

Hopefully around 9 or 9:30

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Mar 12 2015, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Mar 10 2015, 08:40 AM) *

What time are you guys showing up at Brumos??

tumamilhem
Meeting at Brumos around 1:00 - 1:30 PM. Then to the beach for lunch and to see the 2 (possibly 3) locations for the East Coast Beach Party.

The 914 Experience East Coast Beach Party
Saturday March 14th - Jacksonville Beach, FL
SoCal to The Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance and Jacksonville Beach, FL "Coast to Coast" trip filming "The 914 Experience" documentary
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=250559
tumamilhem
Why party on the West Coast when you can drive across country and party on the East Coast?

East Coast Beach Party!
Penthouse Lounge upstairs on the terrace at Casa Marina

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
siverson
siverson
siverson
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.