Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, you wanna do a five lug conversion, huh?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
I have the CV joints/axles. Then, a few more odds 'n ends still in transit before all of this stuff gets installed…..

Click to view attachment
a few loose screws
That looks like a modern art masterpiece all laid out like that. Is it wrong that I'm slightly aroused?
mepstein
Nice! Not a cheap upgrade to do it right and pretty.
Porschef
Seems like a lot of work for an extra lug... shades.gif happy11.gif
914forme
QUOTE(Porschef @ Mar 7 2015, 05:33 PM) *

Seems like a lot of work for an extra lug... shades.gif happy11.gif

Well actually an extra 4 beerchug.gif
KELTY360
When are you doing the -6 conversion? poke.gif
Larmo63
I have a built 2056 sitting there too, off to the side, but I was chasing a 2.7 last week….I'm already going cuckoo with this stuff.

I decided to use Turbo tie rods and real Lemfoerder stuff as far as ball joints, tie rods for the front components. Front bushings are Elephant rubber and the torsion bars are 20mm. The rear hubs/axles are /6 stuff with shaved rotors so I can use /4 rear calipers. I already have new rear shocks/springs.

This looks like a fun build & I like suspension. I have an order in for restored PMB brakes all around too. Can someone loan me some dough?
abnrdo
That is art! Awesome to see everything so clean.
beerchug.gif
patssle
And that's why I'm sticking to 4 lug on my /6! First you want 5 lug, then you want bigger brakes, then you want wider tires, then you need flares, then you need a paint job! It's a big jump to take. But yours definitely looks like a very nice jump.
914Sixer
You forgot to mention the important part ! Plan on spending $3K or more to do it right.
mepstein
QUOTE(patssle @ Mar 7 2015, 08:29 PM) *

And that's why I'm sticking to 4 lug on my /6! First you want 5 lug, then you want bigger brakes, then you want wider tires, then you need flares, then you need a paint job! It's a big jump to take. But yours definitely looks like a very nice jump.

And then add in the 6.
JawjaPorsche
beerchug.gif
JawjaPorsche
beerchug.gif
Alphaogre
IPB Image
Larmo63
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 7 2015, 06:08 PM) *

You forgot to mention the important part ! Plan on spending $3K or more to do it right.

You're about right on that dollar figure. I did get some really good deals on stuff, but it all adds up

I don't want to think about how much it cost, just how much fun it will be.
cary
That is a cool picture ............. Nice job.
Nice to meet you tonight.
Cuda911
At least you have that Porsche sticker. None of the conversion would work without the sticker.
R8CERX
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 7 2015, 02:05 PM) *

I have the CV joints/axles. Then, a few more odds 'n ends still in transit before all of this stuff gets installed…..

Click to view attachment

That will fit my car right on!!!

piratenanner.gif

I say, we use it in OUR car.... I race it on weekends.... You drive it on weekdays.... confused24.gif

I will be standing by my phone awaiting your response ..... popcorn[1].gif
rgalla9146
Will those hub caps fit those wheels ?
somd914
Very nice layout, and will be even nicer once installed.

My PO installed a 911 front end with turbo tie rods and converted the rear with 914-6 axles. The increased handling, better braking, and looks of the 5 bolt Fuchs is well worth it in my opinion.
Larmo63
Those caps fit the wheels, but they have a different finish. I'm not sure I like them….
cpavlenko
drooley.gif nice...
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 7 2015, 06:05 PM) *

I am peering down the same rabbit hole. but still have to send some of my stuff to be powder coated. it looks nice seeing it all laid out like that. kind of like a visual checklist.
warpig
QUOTE(a few loose screws @ Mar 7 2015, 02:25 PM) *

That looks like a modern art masterpiece all laid out like that. Is it wrong that I'm slightly aroused?

It would only be wrong if you weren't aroused drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.