Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: Photo of early D-jet FI without hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clapeza
Does anyone have a photo of the engine bay without all the hoses and vacuum lines from the FI, preferably a 1.7 D-jet installation?

My '70 came to me without any of the original FI intact, running the dreaded Weber progressive carb. I've acquired a D-jet from a '72, and need a little guidance as to where everything is supposed to go, mount, point, and orient.

The originality section has some pics with all the hoses in place, but an intact D-jet installation looks like a snake pit. I'm looking for a picture for what it looks like before all the hoses and vacuum lines are put in place.
r_towle
No pic here, but happy to help over FaceTime.
I can tell you where each piece goes....
Bleyseng
Have you looked thru these pics of 1.7L engine bays?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=57169
Spoke
I have a couple of pics which may be of use when I was assembling my DJET system.

Spoke's Progress Thread
clapeza
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 11 2015, 09:36 AM) *

Have you looked thru these pics of 1.7L engine bays?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=57169

Yes, I have, and found them to be very helpful, but I'd like to see them without all the hoses in place, so I have clear picture of where everything goes.

I guess ideally I'd like to compile a complete step-by-step illustrated and photograph augmented guide to how to re-install FI on our cars. I'll be photographing everything I do along the way, and I intend on tapping the immense resource this board offers, so that we all may benefit. (Pretty lofty aspirations, huh?)
clapeza
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 11 2015, 10:01 AM) *

I have a couple of pics which may be of use when I was assembling my DJET system.

Spoke's Progress Thread

Great pics! They'll be a great help.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.