Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lets clean up the look
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
somd914
I'm moving to fiberglass body-color bumpers this year. I'm not a fan of the chrome with silver - too many shades of between body, Fuchs, and bumpers. Also will likely delete the sail.

As for rockers and valence, I don't like the black - the air dam gets lost in the shadows, and the dark rockers make the car look thinner (which is fine) but also makes it appear to be sitting high. I'm thinking of body color, also toying with a deep red - had a friend who did his silver car with dark blue rockers, valence, and Fuchs which I liked but don't want to copy...

Wart removal cleans up the fender. Next is an antenna delete as it is never used.

Click to view attachment
AndyB
QUOTE(thieuster @ Mar 12 2015, 02:27 PM) *

QUOTE(AndyB @ Mar 12 2015, 06:39 PM) *

How do I save my car?

I don't get it. (Must be the Trans Atlantic distance and / or the fact that English isn't my first language). Please explain.

Menno

Sorry let me be more specific. How do I save my car that is on the visualizer?
toon1
This project may have to wait. It will involve cutting the bumpers to get the effect I want.

the price of getting a bumper chromed is some ducketts!
thieuster
QUOTE(AndyB @ Mar 12 2015, 10:53 PM) *

QUOTE(thieuster @ Mar 12 2015, 02:27 PM) *

QUOTE(AndyB @ Mar 12 2015, 06:39 PM) *

How do I save my car?

I don't get it. (Must be the Trans Atlantic distance and / or the fact that English isn't my first language). Please explain.

Menno

Sorry let me be more specific. How do I save my car that is on the visualizer?

There's an 'Add to Gallery' button in the RH upper corner. The car will appear after a while in the gallery. I couldn't find mine directly after uploading. It took some time and then -AFAIR- I found it on page 2 or so.

Menno
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(thieuster @ Mar 12 2015, 03:08 PM) *

There's an 'Add to Gallery' button in the RH upper corner.

"Print Screen" may be easier... wink.gif

--DD
KELTY360
I'm not a fan of black bumpers because I feel they just make the ends disappear, losing all definition. Chrome bumpers are ok, but they clutter up the look somewhat, IMO. It's interesting to note that Motor Trend gave their Car of the Year award to the '68 GTO because of the introduction of the Endura bumper that allowed the front end to be body color. Of course, Porsche had been making body colored bumpers for years.

In these pictures the valances and rockers are painted what I call charcoal blue. I didn't want black but wanted to keep the dark theme on the bottom panels. I also like the monocolor look with valences and rockers painted body color.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
phillstek
This one was done in the early 90’s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.