Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Valentines Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ChrisFoley
How's this for a unique Valentine?
Tom Perso
Nice work! Where'd you learn to weld like that???? rolleyes.gif

I got a MegaSquirt kit and my wife is getting clothes. So, it's a good V-Day over here!!!

Later,
Tom
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ Feb 12 2005, 10:09 AM)
I got a MegaSquirt kit and my wife is getting clothes.

That's not very romantic Tom! unsure.gif
Sounds more like christmas or a birthday to me. biggrin.gif
I didn't know V-Day was like the others - just an excuse to get stuff you want. confused24.gif
Well, at least its a little more special than that to me, I proposed on Valentine's Day in 1987. wub.gif
tracks914
I got her sex in the city......no not what you are thinking, I mean DVD season 2. She just loves the show so I am slowly buying them all for her. wub.gif
djm914-6
I ain't getting her anything. I'm spending the whole weekend in the basement painting a ton of shirts for a club member. Plus with 3rd degree burns (or at least feels like it) from a stencil burner, I ain't... oh nevermind. biggrin.gif

Seriously, I have no idea! Plus Amy's big four Ohhhhhh is next week. I need to do something special.
Root_Werks
Can't say right now, cause she is right behind me. cool.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Feb 12 2005, 10:51 PM)
I ain't getting her anything. I'm spending the whole weekend in the basement painting a ton of shirts for a club member. Plus with 3rd degree burns (or at least feels like it) from a stencil burner, I ain't... oh nevermind. biggrin.gif

Seriously, I have no idea! Plus Amy's big four Ohhhhhh is next week. I need to do something special.

Gee, I sure hope that club member appreciates what you're going through! clap.gif
Got any previews?

Turning 40 can be kind of scary for women. Be sure you treat her right.

On Mary's 40th I gave her a surprise party. We had a quiet dinner at home with 3 other couples (Mary's 3 best friends and their husbands) and my brother Charley was the waiter. His secret job was to make sure Mary never got out of her chair while the rest of the guests were sneaking into the house. There were about 20 people standing right behind Mary before she even noticed what was going on. laugh.gif
Bleyseng
The usual, chocolate fortune cookies.
Geoff
bd1308
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 12 2005, 08:44 PM)
The usual, chocolate fortune cookies.
Geoff

where do you get those things?
skline
Im really not getting her anything, its just another day to her. Being from Russia, they dont have valentines day over there. Maybe I will pick up a card or something. But really, they dont have very many holidays like that at all there.
Bleyseng
Gawd Scott, just cuz its new to her doesn't mean she won't like it if you express yourself.
Monique is from Suriname in South America and its no big deal she says.....until the day after.

Once "they" are in the USA the woman kinda get the idea of what is going on here with all the advertising that goes on.

Hey Jeroen and other guys from far away, what is going on in your country? Has Valentines Day become a event there????

Geoff
airsix
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 12 2005, 09:26 PM)
Im really not getting her anything, its just another day to her. Being from Russia, they dont have valentines day over there.

Ohhhh.... but see, she's not in Russia any more. When in Rome speak a little Italian. She knows all the other girls in town are going to be treated special, so why not her? She might not say it's a big deal, but then a man isn't truely married until he hears all the things his wife DOESN'T say. I could be totally off, but I try to err on the side of caution in these matters.

-Ben M.
Rhodes71/914
Don't ever believe here when she say's "Oh I don't need anything" or "You don't need to do anything special, it's just another day". Learned that the hard way, at least it only took one time. biggrin.gif

I'll be making my own card (can't stand overpriced Hallmark et al) and going to the Oregon Coast.

I didn't know V-Day was like the others - just an excuse to get stuff you want. confused24.gif

I used to think that as well but my wife will most likely get some kind of new clothing.
jimtab
Lemme see, Sex, walk on the beach, Sex, dinner at the "little French bistro", sex, new computer(she was gonna get that anyway), massage.....man I'm beat... laugh.gif
Kerrys914
She has flowers on the kitchen counter right now wub.gif She was still in bed when I left for work.......so she has no idea wink.gif

I figure that would start her day off right.

Shee puts up with my 914 and all of its issues and costs wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif She's a great gal aktion035.gif

xsboost90
i found out she was looking at this cheapy little bracelet and bought a much nicer version of the same one, and i am having flowers delivered to work today. She got me a power drill for the shop and something else but not sure what yet.
Sparky
So far I've cooked her breakfast, when I sneak in from work tonight she'll get a massage and some "special" chocolates. Both my daughters are getting a rose. There 7 and 5 and think it's all about candy.... I'm a romantic sap so this is one of my favorite holidays. Just wish I had gone a little easier on the Grey Goose last night.

My best,
Mike D. wub.gif

Steve Thacker
Mine got a little slap and tickle. laugh.gif
Kerrys914
One thing that sucks about Valentines day is the fact I keep rasing the bar on myself headbang.gif headbang.gif

Seems like every year I feel the need to out do what I did last year. It will make you wacko.gif wacko.gif just thinking about it.

This year I am hoping something simple and with thought will do just fine unsure.gif

Best of luck guys aktion035.gif

joea9146
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 13 2005, 01:26 AM)
Im really not getting her anything, its just another day to her. Being from Russia, they dont have valentines day over there. Maybe I will pick up a card or something. But really, they dont have very many holidays like that at all there.

Send her Flowers at Work ... smilie_pokal.gif
Bruce Allert
wub.gif From US 2 US wub.gif

.....b
neo914-6
Lemme see, Sex, walk on the beach, Sex, dinner at the "little French bistro", sex, new computer(she was gonna get that anyway), massage.....man I'm beat...  

Daaaamm Jim,
Let me have a few of those pills! laugh.gif

My wife only gets a card and my Creme Brulee today,
Next week she goes to Hawaii...

I got a GT3 seat for myself biggrin.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Feb 14 2005, 08:54 AM)
wub.gif From  US 2 US:wub:

.....b

Brian and I did the same thing two years ago...

I'm not one to believe what guys say about Valentine's day being a girl's holiday (despite what Brian claims) and we're probably just going to cook a nice dinner at home tonight. Flowers are nice, but they wilt, and it makes me sad. And I'm not a big fan of chocolates (except for extra dark). He makes me feel special and appreciated 365 days a year, I don't need Valentines day to remember that. wub.gif

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! grouphug.gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Feb 12 2005, 04:35 AM)
What are you geting your honey?

chocolate ...

makes her happy!
biggrin.gif Andy
jfort
I get the double whammy, It's my wife's birthday, too. I try to keep them separate. Definitely, can't kill two birds with one stone. typical flowers and candy for v-day. jewelry and dinner for b-day.
Mrs. K
On a weekday, too much to do with the kids, sports practices, work and all that jazz! So just a card for the hubby, and candy for my sweetheart kiddies wub.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
ArtechnikA
we had an early dinner at Morimoto (IRON CHEF!) yesterday and we opened some Vosges chocolates last night (kind of a tradition.)

this morning i had a bracelet from Tiffany for her and she got me a nice segmented titanium bracelet i'd admired. i'll cook dinner this evening.

Friday was her birthday - expensive weekend but she's worth it all.
rick 918-S
Company planned a two day seminar. I'm out of town! We spent Sunday together at the lake. wub.gif Were going out for dinner when I return. I hate working.
Mueller
so far, pretty boring V-day...still at work.....traffic royally sucks tonight....I won't get home for another few hours and it looks like I'm going to miss this weeks 24 on the tube headbang.gif

man, i need to get a TiVo......
Bleyseng
I took her to dinner and for dessert gave her a box with chocolate fortune cookies. In the bottom of the box was a small box that had a diamond ring and a fortune that read "Will you marry me?"
Got a yes and put the ring on her plus lots of tears...

So everything went well tonight.

Geoff
biggrin.gif
ablose58
Congrats, Geoff smilie_pokal.gif AL
red914
nicely done, Geoff! congratulations!
Meredith
Congrats, Geoff! I'm glad it worked out.

Dr. Evil, now we're waiting for your results!
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 14 2005, 09:03 PM)
I took her to dinner and for dessert gave her a box with chocolate fortune cookies. In the bottom of the box was a small box that had a diamond ring and a fortune that read "Will you marry me?"
Got a yes and put the ring on her plus lots of tears...

So everything went well tonight.

Geoff
biggrin.gif

smilie_pokal.gif Way cool! wub.gif
Congratulations!

Lisa clap.gif
Dr Evil
Geoff, Way to go! Great minds think alike. Let me splain:

Took girl friend out to this out look/park in old town. She has known that I am not financially fit, but didn't know why. The cool thing, she was ok with small things. So, I bought her a box of Rocher chocolates. Watching the last rays of sunshine set, I told her to pick one (originally the wrong one, but I told her to pick again). She opened it up, found a foil ball where the candy should have been and in the ball was an engaugement ring. She kept saying, "are you sure!? oh my god!" I got a yes, ofcourse.
Went home and cooked up some mean chicken marsala.....and now she is gonna give me her present to "us", lingerie smilie_pokal.gif

All is good.
Dr Evil
Damn, Mer. I didn't know anyone was watching. biggrin.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2005, 09:27 PM)
Geoff, Way to go! Great minds think alike. Let me splain:

Took girl friend out to this out look/park in old town. She has known that I am not financially fit, but didn't know why. The cool thing, she was ok with small things. So, I bought her a box of Rocher chocolates. Watching the last rays of sunshine set, I told her to pick one (originally the wrong one, but I told her to pick again). She opened it up, found a foil ball where the candy should have been and in the ball was an engaugement ring. She kept saying, "are you sure!? oh my god!" I got a yes, ofcourse.
Went home and cooked up some mean chicken marsala.....and now she is gonna give me her present to "us", lingerie smilie_pokal.gif

All is good.

biggrin.gif You gonna be a happy guy tonight for sure!!!

Lisa lol3.gif
bernbomb914
My wife made me my favorite breakfast this morning. (pork chop ,eggs , hashbrowns, and Biskets and gravy. I gor her a Brighton special Bracelet of hearts that she wanted.

BernieThomas grouphug.gif
skline
Ok, Ok , Ok, Mike, that explains the big ass smile in your avatar, see if you are still smiling 10 years from now. I want you all to know, I am not totally heartless, I got her a chocolate heart with dark chocolates, she likes those, and a dozen roses and set them on her desk so she found them when she got home. She was touched, we had KFC for dinner and then I came back out to the garage and she went back to doing her thing and I am doing mine. So I did make an attempt, it was just futile. If it aint there, you cant force it.

Happy valentines day to everyone.
Dr Evil
mueba.gif he he he

Actually Scott, the pic in my avatar was of the results of everclear on the human body. I was on the kitchen floor, right after I fell out of my seat. Circa 2000
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 14 2005, 09:32 PM)
Ok, Ok , Ok, Mike, that explains the big ass smile in your avatar, see if you are still smiling 10 years from now. I want you all to know, I am not totally heartless, I got her a chocolate heart with dark chocolates, she likes those, and a dozen roses and set them on her desk so she found them when she got home. She was touched, we had KFC for dinner and then I came back out to the garage and she went back to doing her thing and I am doing mine. So I did make an attempt, it was just futile. If it aint there, you cant force it.

Happy valentines day to everyone.

smilie_pokal.gif Well at least the thought and effort was there!
She should be very touched! wub.gif
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Lisa smile.gif
Meredith
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2005, 09:28 PM)
Damn, Mer. I didn't know anyone was watching.  :D

Yeah, I'm all over it. I'm completely into romance and engagements right now. My sister just got engaged on Saturday evening. wub.gif The lovebirds in 2003(?).
Dr Evil
I'll have to sell one of my bikes to pay for the ring, but it was well worth it. It was no where near as ginormous as the one your sister got, but I am only a humble unemployed college graduate wink.gif
Meredith
I'm sure she appreciates it. And by the way, congratulations!
Aaron Cox
mike! rock on man!

ill have to congratulate you in person on saturday smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
Thanks all, Geoff and his, Me and mine are very lucky indeed. She can't stop giggling.
Bruce Allert
This poem should fit all'O' yous dat haf'a gun rack in da rear winder of yer teener.... so, hear go's rolleyes.gif

Collards is green, my dog's name is Blue and I'm so lucky to have a sweet thang like you. Yore hair is like cornsilk a-flapping in the breeze. Softer than Blue's and without all them fleas. You move like the bass, which excite me in May. You ain't got no scales but I luv you anyway. Yo're as satisfy'n as okry jist a-fry'n in the pan. Yo're as fragrant as "snuff" right out of the can. You have some'a yore teeth, for which I am proud; I hold my head high when we're in a crowd. On special occasions, when you shave under yore arms, well, I'm in hawg heaven, and awed by yore charms. Still them fellers at work, they all want to know, what I did to deserve such a purdy, young doe. Like a good roll of duct tape yo're there fer yore man, to patch up life's troubles and fix what you can. Yo're as cute as a junebug a-buzzin' overhead. You ain't mean like those far ants I found in my bed. Cut from the best cloth like a plaid flannel shirt, you spark up my life more than a fresh load of dirt. When you hold me real tight like a padded gunrack, my life is complete; Ain't nuttin' I lack. Yore complexion, it's perfection, like the best vinyl sidin'. despite all the years, yore age, it keeps hidin'. Me 'n' you's like a Moon Pie with a RC cold drank, we go together like a skunk goes with stank. Some men, they buy chocolate for Valentine's Day; They git it at Wal-Mart, it's romantic that way. Some men git roses on that special day from the cooler at Kroger. "That's impressive," I say. Some men buy fine diamonds from a flea market booth. "Diamonds are forever," they explain, suave and couth. But for this man, honey, these won't do. Cause yor'e too special, you sweet thang you. I got you a gift, without taste nor odor, more useful than diamonds... IT'S A NEW TROLL'N MOTOR!!

....b beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Way to go Mike!!

Whats with all the puppies ????

Those of you who have met Monique at the WCC and other events know she is pretty special and right for me.
And Skline, I was married for 20 yrs and it fell apart rather quickly too, but its worked out for the better, actually way better.

Geoff
Jenny
Congrats to Geoff and Monique!! And Mike and Mrs. Evil-to-be! What a wonderful way to celebrate valentine's day. wub.gif

Jen
Bleyseng
You're next! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.