Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amelia Island - Piëch's 914-8: We got curious what was in the trunk.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mike Bellis
Just stumbles on this, thought is belonged here...

Click to view attachment
era vulgaris
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 16 2015, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Mar 16 2015, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 16 2015, 02:51 PM) *

Andy, what do all of the labels on the extra switches say in the interior?

The switch on the far left side of the dashboard labeled "bei feuer einschalten" means "turn on in case of fire".

I can't see the switches in the center area clearly enough to read them.

I took photos directly on top and inches away from that console with the switches on it. As well as the ones on the dash. You can see them in the Amelia Island thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2160939

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2160933

The two toggle switches on the left labeled, "Kontrolle fur Feuerloescher" means "controls for fire extinguisher".

On the right with the two pullswitches labeled 1 and 2, "Stromkreis" means "electrical circuit".

In the center, "Kraftst. Pumpe". Pumpe means pump. Kraftst is an abbreviation for something. Kraft means power or force, and the st is an abbreviation for whatever the rest of the word is. Germans like to take two words and combine them to make one longer word. So this is likely "Power [_] Pump". Whatever the middle part is, I'm sure any driver of this car would've been briefed on that. Or maybe someone more familiar with the features on this car knows what that's referencing.
Chris H.
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Mar 26 2015, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 16 2015, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Mar 16 2015, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 16 2015, 02:51 PM) *

Andy, what do all of the labels on the extra switches say in the interior?

The switch on the far left side of the dashboard labeled "bei feuer einschalten" means "turn on in case of fire".

I can't see the switches in the center area clearly enough to read them.

I took photos directly on top and inches away from that console with the switches on it. As well as the ones on the dash. You can see them in the Amelia Island thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2160939

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2160933

The two toggle switches on the left labeled, "Kontrolle fur Feuerloescher" means "controls for fire extinguisher".

On the right with the two pullswitches labeled 1 and 2, "Stromkreis" means "electrical circuit".

In the center, "Kraftst. Pumpe". Pumpe means pump. Kraftst is an abbreviation for something. Kraft means power or force, and the st is an abbreviation for whatever the rest of the word is. Germans like to take two words and combine them to make one longer word. So this is likely "Power [_] Pump". Whatever the middle part is, I'm sure any driver of this car would've been briefed on that. Or maybe someone more familiar with the features on this car knows what that's referencing.

Thanks man. I like how it looks like a well-done conversion car in the engine bay, trunks, interior, etc. Got a little period style going on. Bet that was fun to build.
SirAndy
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Mar 26 2015, 07:09 AM) *

You're over-thinking this one. biggrin.gif

"Kraftst. Pumpe" means "Fuel Pump". "Kraftst." is short for "Kraftstoff" which means gasoline.
shades.gif
ChrisFoley
So you're saying kraftstoff means power stuff.
biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Really cool. The bumper impact strips emulate what the 911 went to in the early 70s, the headlight mechanism was a precursor for the 944 ( and maybe 924, I dont know as I never looked). Very custom, love it.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2015, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Mar 26 2015, 07:09 AM) *

You're over-thinking this one. biggrin.gif

"Kraftst. Pumpe" means "Fuel Pump". "Kraftst." is short for "Kraftstoff" which means gasoline.
shades.gif

Doh! biggrin.gif I have the tendency to do that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.